Can't find the bottleneck..

I can't seem to get above like 2.45ghz on my chip. I just got my G-Skill 2-3-3-6 2x512 in today.. And all I have been doing is trying to overclock.. It doesn't help that this board's BIOS is confusing as crap.. What is the max speed this ram should be able to run at stock volts considering its well cooled? And the CPU? because at the CPU Limited 200mhz 1:1 I can't boot into 220mhz.. At 5/6 I can boot into 220 mhz.. Even with the RAM at around 178mhz, my CPU still wont stay stable at 225mhz.

I have an Arctic Cooling 64 Freezer Pro.. I need help, this DFI board doesn't help too much either. My old MSI was much easier..

Right now im at 220mhz Bus Speed, 11 multiplier @ 2.419ghz, 172mhz mem frequency "CPU/14" says CPU-Z

Edited by HoLoDreaM

What is the max speed this ram should be able to run at stock volts considering its well cooled? And the CPU?

That is what *you* find out by stability testing at different settings... no-one else can tell you this unless they come round your house and overclock for you...

LDT Multi: 4... did you do this?

if you have a digital camera, take 4 photos, the upper and lower parts of the cpu and memory pages... post them here

I lowered down to 215 earlier.. Yes LDT is set to 4.. Will thermal throttling affect anything? Now my ram is running 218 "cpu/11"

EDIT: I changed the RAM to 5/6 @ 166, and then the bus to 230, and it froze at the Windows loading screen, where your keyboard and mouse flicker off and on.

041207_00311.jpg

041207_00321.jpg

041207_00322.jpg

041207_00323.jpg

041207_00331.jpg

Edited by HoLoDreaM

That is what *you* find out by stability testing at different settings... no-one else can tell you this unless they come round your house and overclock for you...

LDT Multi: 4... did you do this?

if you have a digital camera, take 4 photos, the upper and lower parts of the cpu and memory pages... post them here

what do you think nrg?

• 3 weeks later...

Lower your DRAM Frequency preset and see how far you can get. Also, find the specs for your memory and set them manually instead of letting the board detect them. If you set the LDT bus to x2 you'll probably see an increase in mobo stability as well without any real loss in performance.

Also, try boosting your DRAM voltage, 2.6 volts is slightly low.

ok i started writing this with explanations, but instead i'm just gonna list what to change it to

FSB Bus Frequency = 220

CPU VID StartUp Value = 1.525 V

CPU VID Control = 1.425 V

CPU VID Special Control = 110%

LDT Voltage Control = 1.30 V

Chip Set Voltage Control = 1.60 V

DRAM Voltage Control = 2.70 V

DRAM+.03V If it's not 3.2V = Enable

CPC = 1T

Tcl = 2.5

Trcd = 4

Tras = 9

Trp = 3

Trc = 7

Trfc = 14

Trrd = 2

Twr = 2

Twtr = 2

Trwt = 3

Twcl = 1 clock

Max Async Latency = 8 ns

Read Preamble Time = 5.5 ns

Dynamic Counter = Enable

instead of bumping, next time come up with a more informative and meaningful topic title... "Can't find the bottleneck..." is rubbish and is why you don't have many responses...

Can't find the bottleneck...

Not sure of DFI NF4 overclocking settings

that would have got you like 50 replies...