Razer Copperhead Problems

CompXT

I've noticed that my mouse is double clicking on occasion when I single click something. Becomes a real pain playing games like EvE and WoW. I've adjusted the click speed to the minimum and it seems to do it the most when I click and drag, after releasing the button it then double clicks. Anyone else had this problem or have any ideas to fix it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing a google search regarding this same problem and stumbled on this site. I'm having the exact same problem. Numerous times now I'll click to open a program and it'll open two of the same as if I double clicked it. Very annoying to say the least. Did you ever find a fix?

I just had my Copperhead First Edition replaced by Razer for the same thing. From what I could tell, the sensor on the mouse button just wears out. As much as it gets clicked, that isn't any suprise... :lol: I doubt any mouse could have survived my usage. :D

If you mouse is less than 2 years old, then it is still under the manufacturer warranty, and you can email Razer (I think it was [email protected]) and explain to them the problem. They'll follow up with some emails (this was about 3 days for me) asking for the color, model number (on bottom of mouse), when and where you purchased it, and some other stuff. After that they'll send you an RMA number, and send a replacement mouse to you. You just have to pay S&H to get the mouse there... I sent mine overnight so I had to pay like $10 USD. When I sent mine in, they had me a replacement on my door 2 days after UPS showed they received mine.

When I get home, I'll check my emails and double check the email to contact them at.

Checked my emails... the correct email to contact them would be: [email protected]

Here is the information they'll request you provide to them, after you've emailed them and told them your issue:

Full Name:

E-Mail Address:

Address:

City:

Zip:

State/Province:

Phone:

Model/Color of Mouse:

Serial No. :

Model No. :

Place of Purchase:

Date of Purchase:

Proof of Purchase:

As far as time line... I sent my email to them on 4/16 and had my RMA number by 4/18 and on 4/24 I recieved my replacement. Thankfully, I had an extra mouse to use.

Edited by d3bruts1d

• 4 months later...
Checked my emails... the correct email to contact them would be: [email protected]

Here is the information they'll request you provide to them, after you've emailed them and told them your issue:

As far as time line... I sent my email to them on 4/16 and had my RMA number by 4/18 and on 4/24 I recieved my replacement. Thankfully, I had an extra mouse to use.

I had the exact same problem with my First Edition Copperhead. I live in Malaysia and the closest place for RMA was Hong Kong.

But after using my new RMA Copperhead for just a few months, its starting to give me problems again. So far the drag and drop still works, but its starting to double click when i single click.

Sigh. Looks like im going to have to RMA again. Only this time, when i get the new one, i'm going to sell it off and get myself a Microsoft mouse. My original MS mouse that came with my Dell in 1998 still works today, and it took a lot more abuse than the Copperhead. (Played Quake and a variety of button intensive games on the MS mouse for 3 years. Haven't played a single game with the RMA-ed Copperhead!)

Edited by noelho

Are you all using the Razer software? My sons did the same thing but after installing the software the problem was resolved. He never put the software in because he was to lazy to do it.

Yup. Latest firmware and software. The problem is definitely hardware related for me on both occasions. The mouse works flawlessly for months, then slowly the issues start to become more frequent, which is exactly what happens with hardware failure as parts wear down.

With software, it just doesn't work from the start or as soon as you install something. It wont gradually get worse as time goes on.

=(

Their support and response was first class, as mentioned above. RMA turnaround time was 2 days or less. My friend dropped off the mouse at the shop in Hong Kong on Monday, the RMA arrived at my house Wednesday. I was shocked to say the least.

However, this goes down as a bad experience for me with regards to the reliability and quality of Razer products. I felt like selling off the RMA when it first arrived from Hong Kong, but i thought that maybe they had fixed the issue, so i gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried it out. Sad to say, a few months down the line, if i manage to RMA this again, i will be selling it off and getting a MS mouse instead.

On a personal note, aside from the hardware failure, i find the copperhead really uncomfortable for extended periods of use (not just gaming, but surfing and computer usage in general).

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, bought my razer because it said quality gaming, spent a good bit of bucks on it as well. I'm a wow player, so my mouse gets some use, but I have to say I'm getting the exact same issues. Software installed, but as of like a day or two ago I'm getting the double click which is downright awful for WoW and also very annoying for others.

well, made a mistake, razer quality -- shat quality.

BTW - thanks bro for the link, I want my replacement. But I guess if I was smart, I'd sell it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have big problems with my copperhead! I can install it and update the firmware, and then it works a few minutes. but then the computer reboots itself! can't have the mouse plugged in without the puter rebooting all the time. :P please help!!! :blink: