Razer Copperhead Problems

CompXT

. much as I dislike MS I've had my MS mouse for almost 3 years now and the only thing I've had to do is change batteries in it. its been knocked off my desk Ive gotten mad while gaming and kinda threw it off my desk and it still works just like new.....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is sooo annoying! my copperhead wouldn't work, my computer just restarted itself all the time. so yesterday I went and bought a diamondback pro. and guess what! the same damn thing keeps happening now!!! is there perhaps something wrong with my motherboard???

• 2 weeks later...
If you would have been smart, and not dished out the extra $$$ for the Copperhead, but had gotten the Diamondback, you wouldn't have any of these problems :P My Diamondback's gone strong for the past 3.5 years ;)

+1 Same here :D. I bought one probably six months after they came out, the same mouse is right by my keyboard.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to be thread necromanceing but I came across this thread while attempting to solve my double click problem. The problem seems to be part hardware and part firmware. First off I attempted to get mine replaced but Razer would not do it as I did not have the receipt (moved across country after buying said mouse). Then with no warranty to care about anyway I tried the "Mod Kit". (If you don't care about your warranty I highly recommend it if for no other reason than the difference the weights make.) So I put the New shell on hoping that would somehow solve the double click problem. (The shell also matches my Logitech G15) It did, for about a month and 1/2. Then the other day it started again, so I went looking for another solution because Razer's customer service sucks. I came across the link in this thread for the 6.17f Firmware. "1) Resolves issue with intermittent cursor jump.

2) Resolves double-clicking issues (single-click behaves as double-click)." So with the 6.10 driver and the 6.20 firmware doing me no good at all I downgraded to 6.17f. Bingo! My problem has dissapeared. I will post again if the problem reappears but as of right now I have used it steadily for a few hours and no issues.

Someone asked how to install the firmware. Here is the link to the explanation.

http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=k...d=3&nav=0,1

Edited by Shin-Gouki

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thx for that 6.17f tip.. fixed all my copperhead problems!!!!

double-clock problem is gone! and my button configurations started working again with 6.17f:D

thx! you saved me atleast $50!!

seems newer firmware are BUGGED!

stay with 6.17!

Edited by heatfire

• 5 months later...
Sorry to be thread necromanceing but I came across this thread while attempting to solve my double click problem. The problem seems to be part hardware and part firmware. First off I attempted to get mine replaced but Razer would not do it as I did not have the receipt (moved across country after buying said mouse). Then with no warranty to care about anyway I tried the "Mod Kit". (If you don't care about your warranty I highly recommend it if for no other reason than the difference the weights make.) So I put the New shell on hoping that would somehow solve the double click problem. (The shell also matches my Logitech G15) It did, for about a month and 1/2. Then the other day it started again, so I went looking for another solution because Razer's customer service sucks. I came across the link in this thread for the 6.17f Firmware. "1) Resolves issue with intermittent cursor jump.

2) Resolves double-clicking issues (single-click behaves as double-click)." So with the 6.10 driver and the 6.20 firmware doing me no good at all I downgraded to 6.17f. Bingo! My problem has dissapeared. I will post again if the problem reappears but as of right now I have used it steadily for a few hours and no issues.

Someone asked how to install the firmware. Here is the link to the explanation.

http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=k...d=3&nav=0,1

Hey guys, I recently got this mouse as well and am trying to figure out how to downgrade to 6.17f. I deleted the firmware file I already had in the folder but it didn't do anything. My configurator still says I have 6.19 installed, and I want 6.17f so it stops the double-clicking problem. I've tried flashing it to 6.17f but it's no use. I guess because it recognises a later firmware already installed or something?

Any help would be appreciated.