Sign in to follow this  
kendellrt

Forceware 97.94 for 8800 suck!

I just downloaded the new drivers and I keep getting BSOD ever since!! Has anyone else had this issue? Beware before you update; I am rolling back to 97.92.

No problems here. My 8800GTS does not work with my favorite game Homeworld 2, Once zoomed out, I get about 1-3FPS :(

Hopefully this 97.94 will fix that

no problem here with the new drives..... have been playing supreme commander, vanguard and final fantasy 11 with no problems. system in sig

It is the only thing that I have changed, I don't know what else it could be. I'll look at the stop code if it happens again.

It is the only thing that I have changed, I don't know what else it could be. I'll look at the stop code if it happens again.

The stop code will be a device stuck in thread error in nv4_disp, just like every other error people get with the nVidia drivers. Check out the following forum post I made regarding this error and a possible fix for it...

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=69959

That wasn't the error, so I don't know what it could be.

Check your event log for any errors (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer) under the System tab. Most nVidia STOP errors are under the Source 'nv'.

The most common one shows as:

The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop.

This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.