Sign in to follow this  
CoolMaster

Steam out of OIL cap

How about a toyota tundra instead. :P

while it may be a nice truck... I still have concerns with that whole broken frame on those two. the ONE tundra I inheritted and ever so briefly used in the park down in georgia was a serious maintinance nightmare. but it was an 05... the new model is supposed to be better. that truck actually ate rear ends and transmissions like no tomorrow. granted thier "offroad" editition was out trying to keep pace with ram 2500 power wagons... which are not immune to damage and maintinance on a weekly basis either... but NOTHING like the tundra, which did break the frame rails right behind the cab. heck we demolished a surplus humvee down there in a 3 month time period so vehicles do get beaten far worse than the average driver could ever do. hence the reason we have at least 5 of EVERY SINGLE part for every truck used in the parks on hand at all times along with at least one mechanic on duty 24 x 7, 365 days a year.

94camero, I'm not sure where you live. but I can't go by a dealership in metro detroit... san diego (on my way to cabo san lucas), atlanta, or anywhere else I can think of... that DOES NOT have thier top of the line performance sport pickup sitting out front. I know my normal dealership I get my dodges thru had over 20 SRT-10's to choose from when I got mine. granted they were all 06's they were unloading... but still they'd had them a while. actually I take that back. tamaroff dodge doesn't have any. but I've never seen much outside of caliburs and caravans there :( but I refuse to call them a "dealership". they wouldn't even talk to me when I walked in the door to buy first dodge truck. excuse the crap out of me for going in blue jeans, sweat shirt and a baseball hat... didn't fit their "normal" client base look so they ignored me :)

okay, just pulled up the work logs on that exact tundra, and for comparison truck 39 down in georgia, which happens to be a ram 1500 trx4 (equivilent model). I'm taking out regular scheduled maintinance since that is done religiously on ALL vehicles. keep in mind this tundra came from my father in law when he became too ill to drive. it was ALWAYS a city driving, go to the store drive to work truck. never hauled much in the bed, never got it dirty let alone did any offroad work with it.

truck 51: 2005 Toyota Tundra TRD 4x4 (staring miles 26,970 / current miles 34,811)

rebuilt transmission - 28,031miles

replaced transmission - 28,819miles

replaced rear differential - 28,903miles

replaced rear differential - 29,264miles

replaced front bumper - 29,302miles

replaced driverside mirror - 29,413miles

replaced front bumper - 29,802miles

replaced front bumper - 30,189miles

replaced grille - 30,189miles

replaced raditator - 30,189miles

replaced driver side headlight - 30,189miles

replaced passenger side headlight - 30,189miles

replaced hood - 30,189miles

replaced front driverside electronic locking hub - 30,444miles

replaced rear differential - 30,808miles

replaced oil pan - 31,140miles

replaced oil pump - 31,140miles

replaced transmission - 32,906miles

replaced power stearing pump - 33,008miles

replaced rear axle - 33,412miles

removed from service: fractured frame rail - 34,811miles

truck 39: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 TRX4 4x4 (starting miles 17 / current miles 28,777)

replaced front bumper - 211miles

replaced passengerside mirror - 294miles

replaced passengerside mirror - 361miles

replaced fuel tank - 898miles

replaced rear bumper - 1,692miles

replaced rear bumper - 2,170miles

replaced rear driverside fender - 2,170miles

replace rear driverside tail light assembly - 2,170miles

replaced tailgate - 2,170miles

replaced driverside headlight assembly - 5,812miles

replaced front bumper - 7,905miles

replaced front bumper - 8,633miles

replaced driverside mirror - 10,753miles

replaced oil pan - 12,902miles

replaced oil pump - 12,902miles

replaced rear left wheel bearing - 15,874miles

replaced rear right wheel bearing - 16,791miles

replaced front driverside fender - 19,018miles

replaced front differential - 22,762miles

I could post about dodge and fords problems as being used as work trucks and lemon laws, court and vehicles that had to be bought back form us because of there problems especially dodge and ford where Chevy's kept going. We have company vehicles and have had since 1976 also that demand more than the usual person such as pulling heavy equipment on goose neck trailers. All I can see that will come out of this would be a lot of typing and arguing so I am not going to get started on just how sorry of so called vehicles Dodge and Ford are. Mainly Dodge.

Seems Dodge made the 5 stars for vehicle defects and would rather let people die than issue a recall. From this web page: "I am a technician for a Chrysler dealership in Florida. I fear for my job so I will not disclose what city. The problems this website shows are all true, us technicians are seeing this every day, and yet are told to keep our mouths shut. We are also told to do patch up jobs and the parts we need are not given to us. This company will also throw its own employees under the bus to save itself money. My advice to you as a mechanic would be to never buy a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, or a Mercedes Benz vehicle" Dodge seems to be making the news everywhere

Even consumer affairs

Edited by road-runner

I could post about dodge and fords problems as being used as work trucks and lemon laws, court and vehicles that had to be bought back form us because of there problems especially dodge and ford where Chevy's kept going. We have company vehicles and have had since 1976 also that demand more than the usual person such as pulling heavy equipment on goose neck trailers. All I can see that will come out of this would be a lot of typing and arguing so I am not going to get started on just how sorry of so called vehicles Dodge and Ford are. Mainly Dodge.

pre 04 that would have been TRUE. however post 04's are totally different animals.

also you should look up the same crap going on with all of the big 3 as far as cutting corners and not wanting to say anything about it. it's call industry standard. I have no problems since either myself or a master mechanic I have on staff is handling all of my vehicles.

as far as closing it.... it's stayed relatively harmless, hopefully no one has been bent out of shape... we've all had our jabs at the car makers. plus the original issue has been taken care of.

as far as closing it.... it's stayed relatively harmless, hopefully no one has been bent out of shape... we've all had our jabs at the car makers. plus the original issue has been taken care of.

Agreed. Arguing on something like this can go on forever - vehicle choice is LARGELY opinionated. Everyone has different demands and uses for their vehicles, and each manufacturer has their "niche" to accomodate them. For my tastes and demands, chevy vehicles fit my expectations better then any other manufacturer. Someone who needs a more heavy duty commercial level truck may go with ford or dodge. Even something as simple as the brand being "in the family" will make people lean towards that brand just because its what they are used to.

I guess whats important here is that chevy, ford, or dodge - at least they are american vehicles :lol:

(jk guys - another "opinion", please dont open a can of worms here :P)

had to remove that exact one from the back window of my bronco a few years ago :)

had to remove that exact one from the back window of my bronco a few years ago :)

I removed the "Fear This" and Bad Boy peeing on a ford a few years ago myself after I beat all the windows out of another vehicle and beat the vehicle up with a 6 cell Brinkman. They pulled into Lowes parking lot and ran into a basket and a flat lumber dolly and knocked it into my truck. I didn't want any extra identifying stickers. Luckily nothing ever happened over it.

I removed the "Fear This" and Bad Boy peeing on a ford a few years ago myself after I beat all the windows out of another vehicle and beat the vehicle up with a 6 cell Brinkman. They pulled into Lowes parking lot and ran into a basket and a flat lumber dolly and knocked it into my truck. I didn't want any extra identifying stickers. Luckily nothing ever happened over it.

lmao :lol:

Any experience with the Ridgeline Bigred? The biggest thing to sell me on Ford Trucks was when I watched my friends Dads F-150 4x4 pull a 22ft long 7ft around soaked oak trunk up a 30 degree hill on balding street tires.