thermaltake radiator

yeah, im looking at ditching the SE, although my budget isnt very big at all. the SE's pump is rated at 90 l/hour, and there isnt a lot of head there

what would you suggest for a cheap 3/8th pump and rad?

SE Sucks... Thats why they are discontinued. And old... I have a Kandalf LCS and it keeps my Athlonx2 at around 17-20c depending on ambient. 26C at load.

Visit My Website for my rig Yes I work for thermaltake ;)

Oh, and you cannot buy the bracket that the Armor LCS has to fit in your armor. The Radiator it uses is the new 240mm TMG radiator.

Want a better pump? Go with eheim.

Edited by TTPete

Well the OP on this is kind of old, but I'll answer the question anyways as I do have 2x120 rad in an Armor case. Yes, the 2x120 rad would fit in the front of the case, but it would be a LARGE amount of modding. There's no bracket or anything to just bolt it in. I really don't think it's a realistic approach for you.

I turned my PSU 90 degrees and mounted it at the top which made room for 2 120mm fans in the back, so that's where my rad is. You can see it in my case gallery pics. That's a more realistic approach I think because a lot of the mounting structure is already there. In the front, there's really nothing to mount it to. But even the rear mod took quite a bit of cutting and modding. It's not a light project.

Ultimately though, I'm going to agree that the WC kit you have just doesn't cut it. All of the ambient temp excuses in the world aren't going to cover the lousey performance of that kit. It's been compared and tested a million times, and it just doesn't stack up. For the price you're going to pay for a pump alone to upgrade the system, you can get a great air cooler that will match the performance and be simpler. Unless you want to go really high end on water, then air is going to perform the same for a lot less money.

Also, I disagree with the suggestion of an eheim. I bought one, and I wish I hadn't. Even the guys at DangerDen flat out told me I should have gotten a D5 pump... and I bought the Eheim from them. The D5 is the way to go.

• 1 month later...