What should I expect?

FUZi0N

Out of overclocking the set-up in my signature? I have the FSB set to 218 via bios and running around 2.4ghz but should I be expecting more out of it? If I bump it anywhere above 218 I get random BSOD's while in windows...

Edited by FUZi0N

You should be able to get more than that out of it. The reason you're getting BSOD's is probably because the chip needs more voltage.

Actually, the REAL reason you're getting BSOD's is because you're not doing stability testing. If you use the proper Overclocking Software you can test your OC when you set it, rather than waiting for BSODs.

Got a digital camera? take pictures of all the cpu, ram, voltage, etc pages in bios and post them here...

Not got a camera? use a paper and pen to write the settings down, then type them up here

i'd say it's one or more settings that you have overlooked or left on Auto

Set HT frequency to 4x up to 250htt, then drop to 3x after that, your ram may be able to run higher, but if not drop the 200mhz Mem clock index to 166 (after changing timmign mode from auto but keeping other settings at stock values)

Now, after that you may start to need some CPU voltage, but that depends greatly by CPU so just try it 5mhz htt at a time and see what happens :)

Oh actually, drop htt back to 200 and set CPU Spread Spectrum to disabled, then OC. There's a LOT more fine tunign to be done, but that'll get you on your way to success, hopefully :)