Whats booting up?

gotdamojo06

Lately my computer has been taking a while to load from a Shutdown.

It is not only windows loading, but trying to logon is being slow, once it is loaded, its nice and quick again.

I know that there is a way to figure out what is supposed to be loading at the startup, other than Start menu (Start > All Programs > Startup), but I just cant seem to find it...thougth that it was boot.ini or something like that

Whats Adobe Gamma?

Thank you, thats exactly what i was looking for, couldnt remember where boot.ini was located or how to get to it...did a Windows search for "*.ini" came back with a bunch of stuff but didnt include boot.ini

Thank You

<-----EDIT----->

I got rid of some of the things under the startup tab by unchecking them, however it still seems to be booting slow :(

Dont know what else to do...

under general, I have slective Startup selected and only process system.ini file and load system services

load startup items is not checked; if it is, will it use that list of files to start up?

Might try to select the diagnostic startup later...

This is the main reason that I havnt been oc'n lately, dont like waiting for the system to restart :(

BootVis

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=20&...earch&meta=

an MS app designed to chart out the startup loading sequence so you can identify modules that are causing the delay

download the Word doc, download BootVis, and see what's up... works for startup, i don't know about shutdown cos that's a different story

every time i've done it, it's almost always been a networking issue (searching for a network resource that isn't connected/available)... but it really can be anything and BootVis will help you identify the module(s) at fault