Extreme temperature in the both CPU and GPU.

seba1976

About the open case and the massive fan, what's your stand on that? Besides it's an ugly solution, is it a solution or do you see any problem? And by the way, I've heard you say that you clean your fans with compressed air, didn't you lubricate them also? It's a common practice for me and people I know not to focus on the dust one fan may have, but the dry of the lubrication. So you open the fan and put some oil in there. I'm sure you know this already, I just found strange nobody suggests this while you do recommend cleaning the dust.

Thanks to everyone for the preceding answers!

Cheers.

http://www.surpass.com.au/content/standard...oductinfo=18983

That one?

That's not exactly a great power supply by any means of the word.

Hey, what can I tell you? I didn't say it was a first class product, but it's more than 3 times the price of a generic one. I know for sure that there are much better power supplies - and I was offered one -, but I think it was just too much for a power supply. I mean, I think this was a decent 3rd opinion - remember I had tried with two generic PSUs (one 350W nominal and the other 450W nominal) - and there comes a time when you start paying for the prestige, or the brand, or enters a market that's bigger than you. The ATI X800-XT AIW says "it may require a 350W PSU (or more in heavy loaded systems)". Now I'm giving what they asked. It should work, and not be melting plastic connectors. I wish I had the solution.

That is a Tier 5 PSU...meaning...low quality everything. Caps, regulators, everything is cheap. The PSU is the most important part of your system. Why would I skimp on something that is going to be powering my $1400 investment? What would you do if your bank decided to skimp and instead of running a nice Delta redundant PSU they ran some offbrand chinese PSU that died and took your account with it. PSU's are the most important part of any system. And no it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get a nice solid PSU.

Here is good guide to go by:

Tier 1 can handle 4Ghz Conroe or 3Ghz AMD along with Oced Quad Crossfire/SLI With Ease.
Tier Z offers quality and power unequalled in its wattage range and is second only to other Zippy units.
Tier 2 offers almost as much power and stability as Tier 1 at Comparable Wattage levels with lower price/better availability.
Tier T offers the high quality components of Tier 2 with slightly less Rail stability due to Topower internals.
Tier 3 is ONLY Recommended if Price difference is present between Tier 3 and Tier 2 or due to availability issues with Tier 1/2 PSUs.
Tier 4 is recommended for stock or low power systems if Tier 3's are more expensive or are not available.
Tier 5 are NOT RECOMMENDED, but some brands have high/medium quality components in Tiers 2 through 4.

-----x-----x-----x-----x-----x-----x-----x-----

Tier 1 Brands - The Most Powerful And Stable Components On The Market
Enermax Galaxy
PCP&C TurboCool
PCP&C Silencer >610
Zippy/Emacs SSL
Zippy/Emacs GSM
Zippy/Emacs PSL
Silverstone ZF (Etasis 85/75/56)
Seventeam ST >600 (SSI, V2.91)

Tier Z - Less Powerful Than Tier 1 Zippy Units...but they're still Zippys
Zippy/Emacs HG2
Zippy/Emacs HP2

Tier 2 Brands - Top Quality components With Top Notch Stability - For Those With Price/Availability Issues With Tier 1
Antec Neo HE
Akasa PowerGreen 80+
CoolMax CTG-750W/850W/1KW
Cooltek CT
Corsair HX
Enermax Liberty
Enhance ENP-GH
Fortron (FSP) GLN
iStarUSA PD2
iStarUSA PD3
OCZ GameXStream
OCZ EvoStream
PCP&C Silencer <610
Seasonic S12
Seasonic M12
Seasonic Energy Plus
SevenTeam ST <600
Silverstone EF
Supermicro/AbleCom
Thermaltake Toughpower >600W
Xclio GreatPower
Zalman ZM

Tier T - High Quality PSUs Made With Topower Internals - Less Rail Stability Compared To Tier 2 But Still Better than Tier 3
Mushkin Enhanced
Tagan U95
Tagan U25
Tagan U15
Tagan U22
OCZ PowerStream

Tier 3 Brands - High Quality and Stability, Second Only To Tier 2 Brands
Acbel Polycom
AMS Mercury
Akasa PaxPower
Akasa PowerPlus (>500W Models)
Antec Phantom
Antec TruePower III
Antec True Power II
Antec True Control II
Antec Neopower 480W (Old Model)
Antec Smart Power 2.0
Athena Power Space Shuttle Series
Channel Well
Enermax Maximum Plus
Enermax Noistaker II
Enermax Noisetaker
Enermax Whisper II
Enermax CoolerGiant
Enhance ENS-G
Fortron (FSP) GLC
Fortron (FSP) THN
Fortron AX
Fortron HLN
Fortron PFN/PN/PA
Seasonic Super Versatile
Silverstone F
Sparkle FSP
Spire Rocketeer V/VI
Sunbeam Nuuo
Thermaltake Purepower
Thermaltake Toughpower <600W

Tier 4 - Not Recommend With Tier 3 In same Price/Wattage Range
Aerocool
Asus Atlas
BFG
Coolermaster Real Power
Coolermaster iGreen
Delta
Enlight
E-Power
Futurepower
Hiper
HIPRO
Lite-On
Masscool
MGE XG
Mushkin HP
NorthQ 4775-500S/BU
OCZ Modstream
Scythe Kamariki
Sintek
Thermaltake TR2
TTGI/Superflower
Ultra Xfinity/X2

Tier 5 - Other than the units listed above for any of these brands, NOT RECOMMENDED
A-TOP Technology
APEX (SUPERCASE/ALLIED)
Aspire(Turbo Case) 
ATADC 
Athena Power
ATRIX 
Broadway Com Corp 
Cooler Master
Coolmax 
Deer
Diablotek
Dynapower USA 
EagleTech
FOXCONN
I-Star Computer Co. Ltd 
In Win 
JPAC COMPUTER 
Just PC 
Kingwin Inc. 
Linkworld Electronics 
Logisys Computer 
MGE
MSI 
NMEDIAPC
Norwood Micro/ CompUSA 
NorthQ
NZXT 
Powmax 
Q-Tec
Raidmax 
Rosewill 
SFC 
Shuttle 
Skyhawk
Spire Coolers 
Star Micro
STARTECH 
TOPOWER TOP
Ultra X-Connect
Wintech
XClio 
XION 
YoungYear
Zebronics

-----x-----x-----x-----x-----x-----x-----x-----
Perkam Xtremesytems.org

That is a Tier 5 PSU...meaning...low quality everything. Caps, regulators, everything is cheap. The PSU is the most important part of your system. Why would I skimp on something that is going to be powering my $1400 investment? What would you do if your bank decided to skimp and instead of running a nice Delta redundant PSU they ran some offbrand chinese PSU that died and took your account with it. PSU's are the most important part of any system. And no it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get a nice solid PSU.

Thanks a lot for the info, I do respect your opinion - which is probably more than that - but I really don't think we'll be seen one Tier other than 5 here in my country, at a reasonable price. I'm sure you'd be surprised about how different are the costs here - let alone quality. I mean, don't think I'm Borat from the glorious nation of Kazakhstan, but there is still a huge difference with the States. That being said, I share your feellings about investing in a good power supply for my bank. Nevertheless, this is just a desktop computer, running some games at medium details, and - then again - one of those great Tier 1 PSUs are more expensive than 1/3 of the entire cost of my system, plus they're not available in the local market. The non-availability in the local market, is a very good sign that something is wrong somewhere along our line of thought here. I'm in electronics myself, and to be perfectly honest, and despite the fact that I truly recognize the general relative bad quality of the PSUs you mentioned, it is a fact that no one here seems to need any better. All cases comes with stock PSUs less than your Tier 4 category. Very few people - hardcore gamers mainly - go out hunting for something better, and are lucky if they can find first and afford then, a CODEGEN PSU, as bad as it may be. I'm done with the PSU issue, this is not a problem related to a bad PSU unit. This one is good enough. I could not afford any better without feelling I'm wasting money. By the way, how did you recognize the CODEGEN I have as a Tier 4? Not that I think it is not, but I don't see it in the list.

Look, I don't mind about sharing opinions about PSUs, but how did we ended up talking about it if overheating and normal temperatures was the main issue?