OCC Review: World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade

sdy284

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Review

91x17-digg-button.gif

Let's break this up some and have a closer look at some of the new content. We will start with my personal favorite, the Blood Elves. Starting in their home city of Quel'Thalas, you can see right away the time they put into the making of this expansion. The race is simply beautiful and their starting city is a gorgeous place to spend some time working on the new skill, Jewel crafting. The only problem at the beginning was the overcrowding from all the players making their new Blood Elf Paladins, and the constant server crashes this overcrowding created. However, as the players moved farther away from the crowded areas this soon became a memory. The Blood Elves get a nice treat with their starting area, as it is a very nice improvement over other Horde areas by making it bright and spacious, well lit, and a visual treat for everyone there. This is in contrast to the usually dark and dreary looking starting areas we were all used to having to play in at the first levels. To maintain their wonderful area, they had to ally with the Horde and tap the darker side of magic to use the power of blood to revive their once majestic city.

4_thumb.jpg

I was under the impression that reviews should be written as un biased as possible? The reviewer obviously was a WoW addict before the review. I think this led to a biased overall review of the expansion pack.

just my .02

I was under the impression that reviews should be written as un biased as possible? The reviewer obviously was a WoW addict before the review. I think this led to a biased overall review of the expansion pack.

just my .02

Well if you let a complete WoW noob do the review, then they wouldn't be able to access the new areas that BC had to offer... & thus the review would be lacking ;)

Well if you let a complete WoW noob do the review, then they wouldn't be able to access the new areas that BC had to offer... & thus the review would be lacking ;)

Yeah, but 6 hours a night in the winter???? 6 characters with most between levels 40 and 60??? Perhaps this should have been a cooperative effort, take the WoW maniac that wrote this review, and pair him up with someone who is more inexperienced and get both perspectives?

EDIT: So if I go tot he store right now and buy WoW and the expansion, I cant start my WoW experience with a Blood Elf???

EDIT: So if I go tot he store right now and buy WoW and the expansion, I cant start my WoW experience with a Blood Elf???

You can't get into certain areas... there are level restrictions

You can't get into certain areas... there are level restrictions

Well thats lame. See? A novice would have had an issue with that! The only level restriction should be that you get your butt whooped when you wander into areas that are higher level than you are. So is there like, a little popup or something that says "you cant go farther until your level 30"??? Seems silly...

Oh, and Im just being a little nitpicky because Ive never played the game, but reading the review in its entirity I didnt get a good feel about trying it or not because the reviewer was just so dang giddy about the whole thing. Thats all Im saying! :)

You can't really blame the expansion for the level restriction as it applies to the original game as well.

This expansion is designed mainly for current WoW players (then again, all expansions are aimed at people who already play the original game), so when you buy this game, you've already invested a certain amount of time into it. Thus, you may not have any issues with accessing higher level areas.

Like sdy stated, if we had somebody who has never touched the game before try and play this, we wouldn't have much of a review then would we? :P

Well, then who is the review written for if not for me and those like me? Ugh... again, moot!

it's written for people who PLAY WoW and are thinking about getting the expansion pack.

if this was a review on WoW alone, then your arguments would actually pertain to this review