Sony DSLRA100K

airman

Goes to show though doesn't it - that newest hardware isn't always required to get the best results ;)
True
I think its called more megapixels
In my opinion megapixels aren't the "end all" decision making properties you should go by.

I've seen family members buy $100 cheap knockoff 6MP cameras (back when that was the highest) and complain to me that they didn't take good picturs... :D

Which is why you should always go by the brand and other features combined with the MP, not just MP...

Edited by Andrewr05

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A lot of people still use retro DSLRs such as the D40, D60, its all in the lense :)

Those are pretty dang good pics with the stock lense there Silverfox!

thanks. i think one of those was with the 50-200mm lens (EF) but it has a poorer F-Stop than the stock lens to be fair.

and i'll be honest too - a good deal of my better pictures are taken on the automatic setting as I am in a rush and they are literally on the spot. i find that it is choosing a good angle, composition and positioning of yourself, followed by being cheeky with the focus :)

once i start my new job, i intend to be purchasing some nice equipment over time, like lenses with f-stops at 2 and lower for a change!

Well you can't have it all :P Not exactly sure what that piece of glass is, but is the 50-200 that DO one? For now, if you dont need wide, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go pick up the nifty fifty, or 50mm F1.8, sells for less than a hundred, but optically it is up to par with L glasses. Only thing is, that it is built like crap (plastic), manual focus is a joke, plastic mount, and it wont last very long, think of it as a... disposable lense :P

DO one?

and the 50mm F1.8 is on my list along with a low f zoom lens (simple versatility) something starting around 17-20mm. we shall see! th 50-200mm is a bit plasticy (still Canon though), but it is very fast and quiet.

Squirrel?

img5064rn6.jpg

Excellent shot, I honestly would not have guessed that that was the kit lense! Looks like you have yourself a good copy of it :)

Err DO, the green ring one, difractive optics. I myself am saving up for a 24-70 F2.8L ... long way to go!

edit: Heres what the 50mm can do

100% crop

post-6931-1174685535_thumb.jpg

ah! no idea - nothing 'green ring' on mine - it is just the 50-200mm Canon EF Lens (AF USM II). It's all i could afford 2 years ago!

I love the detail you have there on the fur. Here is a similar one of my recently deceased cat. (the compression is quite high to make it an acceptable download)

reg1gv5.jpg

reg2rc2.jpg

here's a quick shot - don't know why there's so much noise though. iso is 400.

edit: well - pictures won't upload. let me try a different browser.

edit2: still no beans. picture uploads and then it hangs. feh.

I wish Airman would post some so we can see the difference. I like the Canon now! :P

Hehe...i have loads more where those came from!

i personally chose the canon due to the sheer number of lenses available new and second hand and the immense compatibility between D-SLR and SLR