Sign in to follow this  
mastarrr

battlefield 2 problem !

got some tools like clone CD or clone DVD on the system? My Bf2 wouldnt start with these installed. (however this was over a year ago). Alcohol 120% and daemontools dont seem to disturb it.

Edit: sry, i just saw this thread is almost 2 weeks old. hope you fixed it

Edited by Homer-Mix

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking it.

Sounds stupid, I know, but I just had a very similar problem and the solution was to make sure that it was given internet access through my firewall. It was being blocked, and when I allowed it access, it immediately booted up correctly.

You could always install the most recent patch for BF2. Mine would idle for like two minutes on a black screen and would then load, but that's stopped for the most part when I got a new video card.

Sorry.. I tried it with this solution:

Got to My Documents -->Battlefield 2 demo folder -->Profile -->Open Video.con file with notepad and make the following change:

Videosettings.setvideoresolution [email protected]

... but I can't find any program, which could open .con files ..!? I'm not the greatest in computer.. :glare: can't find any notes to the graphic card... I've just opened DirectX Diagnostic Tool --> Display. The Name and so on is everything unknown.. Current Display Mode 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)

So what could I do?

Change that line to

VideoSettings.setResolution [email protected]

this happened to me before i got my new gaming rig. its definetely your graphics card.either update your drivers,or buy a new graphics card.

this happened to me before i got my new gaming rig. its definetely your graphics card.either update your drivers,or buy a new graphics card.

This happens to me every time I install :withstupid: