battlefield 2 problem !

mastarrr

i bought battlefield 2, installed it and so on... everything works. but when i want to open the game the display becomes black like normally, but then just nothing happens. the dektop returns and there's no message. what shuold i do?? i'm craping struggling but nothing works. heeelpp!!! :O:angry:

Does your system meet the requirements have you updated it all the way to the newest patch. could be a bad install. have you restarted your system since you installed the game. o can you post your specs of your computer to might help us trouble shoot a little better.

Yea BF2 is pretty werid trying to get it to run. Sometimes it will work perfectly and sometimes you will have to do some extra things. I would try updating all your drivers (uninstall then run Driver Cleaner PE, restart and install new drivers).

I've had similar problems when I played bf2 they were usually graphics driver problems.

Like I once went to a lan with my computer and didn't bring my monitor and used one at the lan that had a lower res then mine everytime I clicked on the game it would load then a black screen then quite didn't work untill I lowered the resolution in the game.

Another time it happened is when I installed it on my laptop did the same thing but I fixed it by turning off the video power safe setting and then it worked fine.

i bought battlefield 2, installed it and so on... everything works. but when i want to open the game the display becomes black like normally, but then just nothing happens. the dektop returns and there's no message. what shuold i do?? i'm craping struggling but nothing works. heeelpp!!! :O:angry:

By the way, before we continue to help, can you please state what Graphics card you have??

you think with all of us trying to help he would reply back to us.

Sorry.. I tried it with this solution:

Got to My Documents -->Battlefield 2 demo folder -->Profile -->Open Video.con file with notepad and make the following change:

Videosettings.setvideoresolution 1024x768@85Hz

... but I can't find any program, which could open .con files ..!? I'm not the greatest in computer.. :glare: can't find any notes to the graphic card... I've just opened DirectX Diagnostic Tool --> Display. The Name and so on is everything unknown.. Current Display Mode 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)

So what could I do?

Sorry.. I tried it with this solution:

Got to My Documents -->Battlefield 2 demo folder -->Profile -->Open Video.con file with notepad and make the following change:

Videosettings.setvideoresolution 1024x768@85Hz

... but I can't find any program, which could open .con files ..!? I'm not the greatest in computer.. :glare: can't find any notes to the graphic card... I've just opened DirectX Diagnostic Tool --> Display. The Name and so on is everything unknown.. Current Display Mode 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)

So what could I do?

dang, I wrote ... :glare: I tried this solution (I could open it), but it's still not working... I think the graphic card isn't the right one, aight !?