once a year

bigred

until this morning I had NO CLUE how hard owning and operating an irish pub could get.

and the sad part is I've only survived "st. practice day" aka the day before st. patrick's day. 8 am till 2 am today, and I have to be there from 7am till god knows when (at least 2am) tomorrow.

anyone else involved in st patty's day... please be responsible, don't drink and drive, and take care of your bar tender / wait staff

be prepared to have your pub drunk dry! if you can do ONE thing, i would suggest getting more alcohol in ASAP!!! I kid you not...my gf is Irish and she's not a *massive* drinker, but come March 17th...well...something weird happens and she can drink about ten-fold of what she used to...

I've seen an Irish bar on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night and it was bad enough. You wanna see the Irish bars here in Liverpool (MASSIVE Irish population) - they will be immense this evening!

yeah last year i went to a irish pub, and i was asking this guy if he was drunk, and hes like, ive only had like 20 beers, how can i be drunk? crap irish lol. they have superb drinking abilities.

reminds me of beer fest lol

I just stopped at home for a few min. it's been madness all day long.

and to top it off I didn't put a halt to the saturday tradition of the detroit rugby club coming in and watching some of the games from europe...

silverfox.... I knew that one already. there are 2 uhaul vans out behind the bar loaded and ready to restock when needed

now the Irish have beaten Italy in the 6 Nations rugby...it must be wild there!!

It'll be IMMENSE if they win the 6 nations tourney, let me tell you! It's 3-45pm and my gf is blind drunk already :lol:

Well, I am half Irish and half German so you can only imagine what my family's everyday drinking habits are not including today's lol. :D

...Burp...

the irish lost out to the french in the 6 nations rugby :( i wont mention anything about the french (!), other than they didn't deserve it one bit.

still, the Irish cricket team is making mincemeat out of Pakistan at the World Cup!

nerm, mother is half irish half italian. father is german, english, scotish, and irish..... you can imagine what family drinking habbits are like

anyhow it's been total insanity. we've gone thru half the beer already. with more to come

hell is over. we served more than $40,000 of various beers today.... lord know how much hard liquor today... I'm not even worried about that count till tomororw.

only thing that matters is the fire marshall, and his deputy ended up stopping the counts and kicking back for some irish fun.