~$100... Good in-ear headphones?

czGLoRy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that like all audio equipment, it'll take a little time for them to break in. But don't worry, they'll be amazing when you get to that stage :)

agreed. and also with audio equipment, i advise to do what you do with photography equipment: stick with the brands that you know do it best ;)

I don't know much about headphones, but I would just like to give a friendly warning. Please don't play them *too* loud. Hearing damage is very real, and as far as I know [in this present time] once the damage is done, it's done ;) It's just too easy to play at damaging levels with headphones.

http://www.headwize.com/articles/hearing_art.htm

I don't know much about headphones, but I would just like to give a friendly warning. Please don't play them *too* loud. Hearing damage is very real, and as far as I know [in this present time] once the damage is done, it's done ;) It's just too easy to play at damaging levels with headphones.

http://www.headwize.com/articles/hearing_art.htm

:withstupid:

This is why sound-isolating/noise-canceling headphones are the best. I remember having to put the volume up quite high with the stock iPod headphones, but once I got my Shure earbuds, the volume is just barely above mute. I don't have to worry about outside noise drowning out my music, so I can listen to it without blasting it.

I've always thought that those people who have their headphones up so high that I could hear it from 10 feet away were quite annoying. If I can hear it, you're playing it WAY too loud. Fortunately, karma is on my side. Eventually, those morons will go deaf :D

• 1 month later...
Guest ecthlipsis
:withstupid:

This is why sound-isolating/noise-canceling headphones are the best. I remember having to put the volume up quite high with the stock iPod headphones, but once I got my Shure earbuds, the volume is just barely above mute. I don't have to worry about outside noise drowning out my music, so I can listen to it without blasting it.

I've always thought that those people who have their headphones up so high that I could hear it from 10 feet away were quite annoying. If I can hear it, you're playing it WAY too loud. Fortunately, karma is on my side. Eventually, those morons will go deaf :D

I used to be heavily into music production and I used some Sennheiser HD-280 pro's. The sound quality was truly incredible, and I could hear many things in the music that I never knew were there. In some professional CD's I even heard some VERY slight voices at the start of songs saying things. Keep in mind these are studio monitors, and thus the clarity of each sound is the point. I think I paid $130 for them... maybe less. Don't remember. Either way, worth every penny.

They also block out a large amount of ambient sound. Of course, if you want something to take along with you and your iPod, I certainly would like to see you wearing this big sexy things =X

P.S. to the guy wondering why people would spend more than $20 on headphones.... *shakes head*. I'd hate to be gaming on your uber Dell 2.1, 40watt speakers that I know you must have.

i still have my Sennheiser HD280Pro's... right now i'm using my Koss PortaPro's... and on Thursday, finally, after over 2 weeks, i get my Westone UM2 in-ear monitors and Shure Triple-Flange Sleeves ($31.98)... the in-ear monitors were listed as $299, but i got them for $269 with a free case... then i had to pay import tax and fees $80...

so $380.98 altogether, my most expensive headphone purchase to date

Guest ecthlipsis
i still have my Sennheiser HD280Pro's... right now i'm using my Koss PortaPro's... and on Thursday, finally, after over 2 weeks, i get my Westone UM2 in-ear monitors and Shure Triple-Flange Sleeves ($31.98)... the in-ear monitors were listed as $299, but i got them for $269 with a free case... then i had to pay import tax and fees $80...

so $380.98 altogether, my most expensive headphone purchase to date

A fellow audiophile. A beautiful thing. Those 280's are great for the money, though, aren't they? Certainly aren't in-ear, though... Didn't read the topic correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
It's the same reason people spend ridiculous money on high end graphics cards.

Sure you can play games on something cheaper, but when you something of a certain quality it becomes an all together more pleasurable experience.

And if you consider that most people will spend a lot more time listening to music than playing games (I know I do), then it makes even more sense.

TOTALLY different. Not all of us like having headphones so high that people 30-feet away can hear them and they still sound good.

If you have it on a low, not super high sound it won't make that big of a difference. The difference kicks in once you get to the "loud" side of it....and I haven't seen to many great in-ear headhphone bass so...

TOTALLY different. Not all of us like having headphones so high that people 30-feet away can hear them and they still sound good.

If you have it on a low, not super high sound it won't make that big of a difference. The difference kicks in once you get to the "loud" side of it....and I haven't seen to many great in-ear headhphone bass so...

A good pair of headphones will sound bettor at low than a crappy pair of headphones at high volume...