dual core post in bios

Im running the intel c2d cpu, do I have to 2 do anything in my bios for it to read both cores, or will it do it by default ?

motherboard is evga 680i sli .

Thanks.

Edited by dling

read both cores?

Dual core processor . With my dfi board it showed in the boot text how many cpu's it was reading.

I'm not seeing that with my Evga board.

Dual core processor . With my dfi board it showed in the boot text how many cpu's it was reading.

I'm not seeing that with my Evga board.

Well different boards are going to have different POST screens. Some boards post that information, some don't. If you're having trouble with cores being recognized in Windows, that's something to worry about. But at the post screen, there's really no need to worry.

You should be able to hit ctrl-alt-delete and see the performance of each core in the performance tab. It should show two separate cores there. Otherwise you could try the new OCCT and see if it'll test two cores :)

Honestly I don't have any dual-core machines, so I'm kinda shooting from the hip, but a lot of people show their task-manager menu to indicate dual-core detection, so it seems to make sense.

Yeah, the task manager will give a graph per CPU or you can set it to 1 graph for all. It will also allow you to set the affinity for each core, it allows for up to 32 cores but unavaible ones will be greyed out.

Edited by Comp Dude2