Radeon X1300

topher

I have had my Radeon X1300 512MB card for over a year now and have had no problems as of yet. I am thinking about upgrading, but want to overclock my current card to see it's capabilities before I spend any money on a new one. I have never "overclocked" anything, so laymen's terms are quite appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Topher

Thanks, I was thinking about the GeForce 8800 GTS/640MB PCle for $399 from Tiger Direct, but will try the ATI Tool first. thx

I would use ATI tool to at least give it a try. If you cant get the performance you are looking for then would be the time to upgrade.Get it here

Make sure you read the documentation. Good luck.

I dl'd the tool and have no roblem running it. I ran a max core test for about 2:30 seconds and it got up to 635 Mhz at 66 degrees celcius. I know you said to read the documentation, but how will I know how fast I can leave it and what an acceptable temperature is? After I aborted the test, within 2 minutes it was back down to 54 degrees C. I have a Xion mid-tower with about 6 fans and a 550W power supply.

I would use ATI tool to at least give it a try. If you cant get the performance you are looking for then would be the time to upgrade.Get it here

Make sure you read the documentation. Good luck.

HAHA! I went and did some readng on the tool. I went back and let it test max core while I went and did something else... when I came back my monitor was full of white lines. lol. I hit the space bar and it came back to my desk top with an error message from the ATI Control Center saying that the graphics acellerator had an error and asked if I wanted to send a report. When I restarted the test, the slider ws still at 635Mhz from the original aborted test and it apparently ran up from there for 2:46 seconds before it wigged out. Now, do I jusst need to monitor it while it runs that test to see where it will run ok at?

The factory settings are 450 Mhz Core and 350 Mhz Memory. I've got the core running at 594Mhz and the memory at 396 and it's running at 68 degrees C and holding for about 35 minutes now. I will invest in a better fan system regardless of whether I purchase a new video card. However, I am concerned about my processor temp. Does anyone recommend a specific program that I can download to monitor my processor temp?

600mhz is about as far as the RV515 goes (x1300/1550) try that with ATI Tool

but once again, it ain't going to make that much of a differance