duplex connections

Simplex: One way communication. Think megaphone. You can shout very loudly at people, they can't shout back :) (or this is what I was taught at college. Wiki suggests it has two definitions and one is just another name for half duplex)

Half Duplex: Two way communication, but only one at a time. Think walkie-talkie. One person speaks, the other listens. When the first person has finished speaking the other person can speak if they want to. One person can't be speaking and listening at the same time.

Full Duplex: Two way communication, and both can speak and listen at the same time. Think telephone. Both people can speak and listen over a telephone at the same time ( although this doesn't generally happen in normal conversation :) )

By the way, Google wont bite you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duplex_(telecommunications)

Edited by markiemrboo

Simplex: One way communication. Think megaphone. You can shout very loudly at people, they can't shout back :) (or this is what I was taught at college. Wiki suggests it has two definitions and one is just another name for half duplex)

Half Duplex: Two way communication, but only one at a time. Think walkie-talkie. One person speaks, the other listens. When the first person has finished speaking the other person can speak if they want to. One person can't be speaking and listening at the same time.

Full Duplex: Two way communication, and both can speak and listen at the same time. Think telephone. Both people can speak and listen over a telephone at the same time ( although this doesn't generally happen in normal conversation :) )

:withstupid: I think it's good to keep a thread like this fresh because that is useful information that comes up from time-to-time.

By the way, Google wont bite you.

Then what the hell are we here for? :lol: Close the forums and redirect our website URL to google.com

:withstupid: I think it's good to keep a thread like this fresh because that is useful information that comes up from time-to-time.

Then what the hell are we here for? :lol: Close the forums and redirect our website URL to google.com

:lol: I guess. But I mean... c'mon.... some of the stuff posted here can be found on google so easily, you have to admit! It doesn't make these forums useless, as there are some decent questions :) I know I like to try and keep myself from posting until I have searched and thought and tried things on my own first!

Edited by markiemrboo