MX/Dirt Bike

Anyone have any suggestions for a good used dirtbike for racing and trail riding? My budget's around $2000 at the very VERY most. I'd prefer about $1500 so I can afford safety gear as well.

I've been told that the Kawasaki KX250 is good with plenty of power, and that Hondas tend to be reliable.

Racing and a Trail bike are two totally different bikes......

You need to figure out what you want more racing or trail riding then decide on a bike from there.

Also how much experience do you have with motorcycles?

If your not very experienced I would suggest getting a 125 vs. a larger 250cc dirtbike...

:withstupid: Ya I definitely agree with that.

The two stroke KX250 is a BEAST of a bike for a beginner. It was my second bike when I was around 14 - up from a 2 stroke 80!

Cannot count the times I've almost killed myself, but MAN was it a fun toy.

If you are doing a lot of trail riding instead of soft sand motocross you may want a more predictable 4stroke dirt bike or an enduro. Hitting the powerban at the wrong time on a powerful motocross bike WILL wash out the rear tire and make you fall. Not to mention the KX250 is a tall bike - you are ment to only barely touch the ground, which is a bit difficult to get used to at first.

I was only able to touch ground one foot at a time, tip-toe not flat foot :D. Either style you go I'm partial towards Kawasakis - once my car is finally done(so close!) I'll be picking up a zx-6r ninja :typing: .

But then I need to rack up $350 for safety equipment .
Safety equipment is overrated... :rolleyes:

If your an expert like me then you don't need safety equipment.

*joking*

Edited by Andrewr05

Very true :lol:. Safety always comes first for me, as I pretty much know that I'm going to fall off a few times when I start learning.

Thats normal. If anyone else tells you they never fell riding dirtbikes they are either lying or just rode around like punks :D