X1950 Pro Power

My old video card died so its time for a new card, I don't really want to move to PCI-Express x16 yet, as I have only had this computer for a year and a half and would like to have it another year. So my new card needs to be AGP. My Two options are a X1950 Pro 512 mb and a 7800 GS 256mb. I have read that the X1950 Pro is the best AGP card out there so I would like to have that one. The only problem is that I am worried that I might not have enough power to run it as I have read a lot of how people are having a lot of problems with it.

My Specs are

P4 3.4 Ghz HT Prescott

ASUS P4C-800E Deluxe

2GB Pqi RAM

1 36gb Raptor

1 250 Western Digital

Aspire Dreamer X Case

Antec Smartpower 2.0 500 watt

2 Optical Drives DVD-RW, CD-RW

So I have looked up my power supply and it says i have duel rails which supply 19 amps on one rail and 17 on the 2nd rail. it also has a connecter so I can plug in a PCI-E in. The HIS version of the X1950 Pro require the PCI-E connector to power it. It says the minimum requirement for the X1950 is 450watt 30amp. so will my power supply put both rails together to power it or what? Also would I be better off takeing the safer bet and just getting the 7800 GS?

Thanks

Prescott systems are a bit more power hungry than some newer stuff, but I would suspect you'll be just fine.

If you want to be sure, then trawl around and see if you can find someone with a similar setup running a x1950Pro and what PSU they are using.

ok, thats good to know cause I would really like to have the X1950 Pro, Should I get the HIS one or the Saphire one? the main differnece I see in them is that the Saphire one has two molex connectors and the HIS one uses the PCI-E Connector. My antec has modular cable managment so should I use a molex from one string of connectors and then connect another to another string of connectors?

Thanks

If you went for the sapphire Id give it two molex from the same line and reserve the other for your peripherals. As for which card to get if you can find an AGP card that comes with an Accelero go for it. Mine came with one and it's great. I cant even hear it at full blast and I haven't seen the card pass 50c. If you cant find one you might wanna pick one up because from what I hear quite a few stock fans that come on these cards are pretty loud.

My old video card died so its time for a new card, I don't really want to move to PCI-Express x16 yet, as I have only had this computer for a year and a half and would like to have it another year. So my new card needs to be AGP. My Two options are a X1950 Pro 512 mb and a 7800 GS 256mb. I have read that the X1950 Pro is the best AGP card out there so I would like to have that one. The only problem is that I am worried that I might not have enough power to run it as I have read a lot of how people are having a lot of problems with it.

My Specs are

P4 3.4 Ghz HT Prescott

ASUS P4C-800E Deluxe

2GB Pqi RAM

1 36gb Raptor

1 250 Western Digital

Aspire Dreamer X Case

Antec Smartpower 2.0 500 watt

2 Optical Drives DVD-RW, CD-RW

So I have looked up my power supply and it says i have duel rails which supply 19 amps on one rail and 17 on the 2nd rail. it also has a connecter so I can plug in a PCI-E in. The HIS version of the X1950 Pro require the PCI-E connector to power it. It says the minimum requirement for the X1950 is 450watt 30amp. so will my power supply put both rails together to power it or what? Also would I be better off takeing the safer bet and just getting the 7800 GS?

Thanks

According to this power supply calculator you should be ok.

I have the Sapphire X1950 Pro running in the system in my sig with a 480W TrueBlue.

Runs perfectly! Really happy with it!!

Id recommend the sapphire, it has 512MB GDDR3 as opposed to the HIS with 256MB.

From what I could find, that makes quiet a difference. The scores on the Orb with the 512 are all higher than the 256 version.

I got the Accelero X2 on my card too, would really recomend it! Cant hear it above any other system component

i just bought this card HIS Hightech H195PRQT512DDAN-R Radeon X1950PRO 512MB GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X IceQ3 Turbo HDCP Video Card - Retail and run everything in my sig with the same power supply as you and have never had a problem with it