A tweak for XP Pro that helped me a lot

ronbo191

I just read and old article from OverclockersClub by Matt Cameran from 2002. It was called Windows XP Services Optimize Guide. After going through the guide and disableing about 15 services that I did not need, it made my computer almost 50% faster. I cannot believe how fast programs and even my email open now. I have tried many tweaks before but this one has really worked for me. A thanks to Matt for doing this article and a thatks to OverclockersClub for hosting it....

I just read and old article from OverclockersClub by Matt Cameran from 2002. It was called Windows XP Services Optimize Guide. After going through the guide and disableing about 15 services that I did not need, it made my computer almost 50% faster. I cannot believe how fast programs and even my email open now. I have tried many tweaks before but this one has really worked for me. A thanks to Matt for doing this article and a thatks to OverclockersClub for hosting it....

Anything we can do to help :)

Its a good guide use it myself helped speed up my computer.

I'd just wish someone would update it seems a little outdated and make a vista speed up guide too.

I think a member here posted a couple of tips on how to speedup Vista. Had a couple of registry tweaks as well, many of which were pretty good.

I think a member here posted a couple of tips on how to speedup Vista. Had a couple of registry tweaks as well, many of which were pretty good.

I saw that one tried a few of those tweaks they work good. I meant to make a disable un-necessary services vista speed up guide.

• 4 weeks later...

A link to the article would be helpful! Thanks in advance

If you're all wondering about the Vista Services, I've got a screenshot up of the bare minimum on the tips and Tweaks that I use for Vista. Take note its BARE minimum and some things you may need or want could/will be disabled. This is for max bench/fold/crunching performance. Hope you all enjoy! Vista Tweaks and Tips Sticky

Thunderchicken has some great reg tweaks, hope he keeps adding. When I get some more time I'll contribute what I can but I've been using XP more lately as vista's stability issues even at stock have tweaked (*no pun intended :)) my last nerve.