Space Sig Contest

Uber

Alright well here is another OCC Sig contest rules are as follow;

Stick to the OCC guidelines for dimensions and size

Must have a space theme (planet, moon, star, space ship, etc)

Must encorperate some form of message (death, life, peace, etc.)

I think that about covers the guidelines if you have any questions please post them here, I will also be posting the hand in thread here in a day or so.

The deadline for this contest is March 9 12PM 2007!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just an FYI, the max size for a sig is now 60kb ;)

Does sig file size honestly matter in a SOTW thread? Everyone expects it to be a 56k killer anyways, and as long as the sig in your thread is legal I don't see why it matters.

Let's hope that more than one person enter this one. There's no way in hell I should have one the first one.

Sounds interesting. Don't know what you mean by "hand in thread" though.

There will be a "Hand In" thread made that all submissions are to be posted in, ONLY submissions though no comments or other things

Does sig file size honestly matter in a SOTW thread? Everyone expects it to be a 56k killer anyways, and as long as the sig in your thread is legal I don't see why it matters.

Let's hope that more than one person enter this one. There's no way in hell I should have one the first one.

Valid point ill get back to you on that!

I came up with something kind of preliminary. I think it's pretty cool.

I think it would look better though if I had a whole planet and didn't cut it off at the top like that. The problem is that the source picture I used cut off the top as well, maybe I'll find another picture to use with a whole planet.

OCC-Sig.jpg

Edited by andrusk

There will be a "Hand In" thread made that all submissions are to be posted in, ONLY submissions though no comments or other things

I don't understand why we need a separate thread. All submissions should be made here. Who cares if people comment, shouldn't that be the point.

I came up with something kind of preliminary. I think it's pretty cool.

I think it would look better though if I had a whole planet and didn't cut it off at the top like that. The problem is that the source picture I used cut off the top as well, maybe I'll find another picture to use with a whole planet.

OCC-Sig.jpg

Please list the name of the stock image that you used. im pretty sure its a word by Greg Martin.

I don't understand why we need a separate thread. All submissions should be made here. Who cares if people comment, shouldn't that be the point.

sounds right to me Clay :)

Here are two preliminary designs I'm working with. Don't like the text...couldn't think of any good saying...I'll have to sleep on it. heh

occ-spacesig.png

occ-spacesig2.png

No renders used. The planets and space background in both were created by me from scratch (yes, even the starfield), however, I created them months ago, so I can't provide the time it took me to create that portion.

The font in the top one is called "Ringbearer"

The font in the bottom one is called "Space Age" (the fade/reflection effect is not part of the font, I added that myself)

I spent roughly 30mins thus far taking my previous works and making them into the signatures.

(Everything was done in Photoshop CS)

Here are two preliminary designs I'm working with. Don't like the text...couldn't think of any good saying...I'll have to sleep on it. heh

occ-spacesig.png

occ-spacesig2.png

No renders used. The planets and space background in both were created by me from scratch (yes, even the starfield), however, I created them months ago, so I can't provide the time it took me to create that portion.

The font in the top one is called "Ringbearer"

The font in the bottom one is called "Space Age" (the fade/reflection effect is not part of the font, I added that myself)

I spent roughly 30mins thus far taking my previous works and making them into the signatures.

(Everything was done in Photoshop CS)

I kinda like the star on the top on Clay, IMO i think the bottom one looks cheesy, unrealistic glow on the planet.