Stock Market...?

daniel

Well my brother wants to do some little invesments in the stock market... but the question is how does one invest on the stock market :S any help is appreciated...

thx,

dan

We are peaked out right now. If you have no experience in investing yourself and want to start... I'd say hold off for a few years. If you want to put some money in (and believe me there's nothing wrong with it), I would advise investing it into a mutual fund, that way your money is invested into multiple companies decided upon by a group of economists and guys whose job it is to keep daily track of a company's market progress. The market is going to start correcting over the next couple of quarters, stagnate, then we will probably see our next recession due here within the next two years. Unless your brother has a lot of money to burn, I would advise either investing it into a mutual fund or sticking it into a simple savings account. Don't go stag and start throwing money into the wind right now, you'll regret it.

Stock market took a stab yesterday it hurt my stock profile on http://virtualstockexchange.com/Game/Homepage.aspx for ECON class. If your brother wants to get the feel of the stock market without using actually money he should make an account at VSE and join a game or create one himself. Games have set rules that you can pick such as starting money and interest. It works directly with Realtime Stock Market Prices and Stock Market hours such as 9:30am - 4pm weekdays and NO weekends or holidays (I think they don't open on U.S. holidays not sure). It was closed on President's Day.

I would suggest reading up about how the stock market works. As for buying stock suggestions I would go with companies that you know and use, but small companies that are promising may be worth it but they are also a risk. Any stock you buy has a risk. One of my promising stocks that I bought on VSE was First Solar Inc. FSLR (NASDAQ GM). They are my best money making stock. I am way under experienced so don't take my words as gold :D

Jim Cramer from MSNBC has a show and website about investing stocks, what stocks or hot and which are not.

How do you invest in stock market?

http://www.wikihow.com/Buy-Stocks

Well, the first thing I would do is start building a cash reserve (which you can then use to buy stocks/funds.)

The markets had a little correction yesterday, so you can do some shopping if you want. Its never too early to start looking onto saving/investing, IMHO.