New Forum Skin!

Overclocker16

It'll take some getting used to... various elements seem too seperated for my tastes, sort of like what Clay said. But otherwise I guess I'll give it a week or two so I can adapt to it.

Not a big fan of just text for Add Reply et cetera below the fast reply box, nor the control bar thing below the section titles.

It'll take some getting used to... various elements seem too seperated for my tastes, sort of like what Clay said. But otherwise I guess I'll give it a week or two so I can adapt to it.

Not a big fan of just text for Add Reply et cetera below the fast reply box.

On the bright side of things, it does look more futuristic and techy, which is more attractive.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not sure if I should like the new layout or not... It's alright, but some peole have pretty much said what I wanted to say. All around it looks good, however I have to agree with clay about the light blue border around posts, it is indeed more subtle than the white it is now. I like the new fast reply buttons in OCC colours, but what I like the most is the forums link at the very bottom of the page!

:thumbs-up: to all the staff who are improving OCC!

[Edit] just noticed, the "add reply" and when editing the "complete/cancel Edit" buttons are no real buttons anymore, would it be possibly to make a little border around them?

Frankly Clay nothing you pointed out was that bad in my opinion basically what you have beefs about is just little things and I have no problem in tweaking that to make it better.

This is the first big change and of course there is going to be tweaking and such to make it better. So yes if you have something to suggest I am all ears :)

Well I think #3 in my list is a big one, but like I said in that, I realized that my other "beefs" were simply aesthetics.

Edit: Just noticed the Rules link at the top. [borat voice] very nice! [/voice]
Yeah, that's a nice touch. I've always run in circles trying to find the rules, so it's nice to have it easily accessible.

hey clay, is this a little bit better and what you were looking for? :lol:
yes :P. And I think that's the type of thing bosco and the mods want to see too :P

So agreeing that it looks good is considered butt kissing then? Why must we list the things that look better instead of just agreeing that it does? I don't have a problem with the suggestions people are making personally, but I did get offended when nvidia said that they are trying to destroy the site. You're kind of criticism is helpful clay, because there is reason behind it and it is specific. But nvidias criticism was not constructive and was just rude.
Yeah, sorry if I was a little blunt, saying there was butt kissing going on, but it was like once nvidia opened his mouth, everyone slammed him and praised the site without providing any valid points. Nvidia was definitely out of line, without a doubt, I just didn't want people to get sidetracked by that, which it seemed like they were.

As with any change, when it comes to aesthetics, we'll all get used to whatever it is eventually, but at the very least I hope #3 in my list is addressed, because as Vasto implied as well, the icons for threads (new, read, hot, etc etc) need more distinction, and I think that goes beyond mere opinions and aesthetic preferences.

[Edit] just noticed, the "add reply" and when editing the "complete/cancel Edit" buttons are no real buttons anymore, would it be possibly to make a little border around them?

that has been discussed here already and its one of the things on the list ;)

Just noticed by voting in the official poll that there's no real buttons for "Vote Now" and "Show Results" (Just like with the fast reply buttons, "Add Reply", "More Options" and "Close Fast Reply"). At least put a border around them to indicate that's where to click. For a second I was like "did someone drudge up an old poll I already voted in?" <_>

yes yes, its all part of the same problem, it will be fixed!

no more discussion about those stupid buttons! :lol:

You'll be sorry for saying that when you miss one! I'll be sure to PM you with a nasty response if you do, so you better go thru it with a fine-toothed comb now! ;):lol:

I'm going to withhold comment until I've used the new skin for a bit.

Then I'll probably come back with a nice little list of things I like and things I think could change :)

It is however clear that a lot of work has gone into it.

O NOES! I just realized that OCC Blue is no longer the OCC Blue we knew and loved! As all the photoshoppers here probably know (especially those who have tried to give a transparency effect to their sigs), OCC Blue was always #00024A. Well take a look at my sig and a bunch of other ones here! It stands out because it seems that "OCC Blue" is now #050846. I don't care if this stays that way, but can you let us know if this is permanent so we change our sigs (and you'll also have to change some smilees, like the :withstupid: smilee). Also, change it in the graphics forum stickee if it's permanent. Thanks.