best intel 775 hs

dling

im looking to find the best hs and fan to cool an intel C2D E6400 cpu on an evga 680i mother board.

Edited by dling

You won't need that extreme of a heatsink. People are getting nice Overclocks using the stock one. Not that I am suggesting that..

Anything thats pure Copper and has alot of Heatpipes. Like the XP-90, 120 or Scythe ninjas. But the XP-120 and Ninja is/are quiet Big. Imo, go with an XP-90.

The Zalman 9700 and 9500 are also good choices. Fan wise a tornado or delta fan. With artic silver 5 of course.

You won't need that extreme of a heatsink. People are getting nice Overclocks using the stock one. Not that I am suggesting that..

Anything thats pure Copper and has alot of Heatpipes. Like the XP-90, 120 or Scythe ninjas. But the XP-120 and Ninja is/are quiet Big. Imo, go with an XP-90.

The Zalman 9700 and 9500 are also good choices. Fan wise a tornado or delta fan. With artic silver 5 of course.

:withstupid: Those are some good choices.

Theres also the tuniq tower

are u saying I could use my XP-90c that on my current system :huh:

are u saying I could use my XP-90c that on my current system :huh:

That all depends on whether or not you have the mounting hardware for skt775. If you do, then yes you can use it. I still want to try out the Tuniq Tower that was previously suggested, though (something new to play with).

That all depends on whether or not you have the mounting hardware for skt775. If you do, then yes you can use it. I still want to try out the Tuniq Tower that was previously suggested, though (something new to play with).

is is a new mobo and cpu, so the mounting hardware should there rite?

The absolute hands down best air heat sink in terms of performance is the Tuniq 120

practically NOTHING beats it

I'll second the vote for the Tuniq Tower. Mine shaved almost 15c off my load temps. This was from a TTBigTyphoon. Both heatsinks used the same fan. Its big but if you have the right case you will be set. Its best to mount it before you put the motherboard in the case.

Im not a big Fan of Large heatsinks. Granted the Tuniq, sycthe ninja and XP-120s are great heatsinks. But, there may be several problems with such large Heatsinks. Such as Case isn't big enough, Motherboard incompatibility due to Design and weight. I think the XP-90 is the Middle Man. But if your case is big enough and the motherboard will support it, And, you simply want the best, then by all means go for it. ;) When I Upgrade in 4-5 Months Ill be buying the Pure Copper XP-90.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835109122

The up side of using a larger heatsink is that you don't need a fan that spins to 6,000 rpm and sounds like you have a hair drier right next to you. The Xp-90 is nice i just don't think it can dissipate the heat generated by a Core 2 Intel processor. When you start upping the vcore not to many heatsinks can keep up.