Need advice and help

jmdarcy

~~Hey guys and girls,

I am an architecture student - i use Cinema 4D, photoshop (huge files) and other CAD software, (play Counterstrike too).

Recently my Dell gave-up living- so ive bought new parts to get me back ontrack:

1GB (2x512MB) CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400(800), 240 Pins, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 4-4-4-12, EPP

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, Socket 775, 2.13 GHz, 1066MHz FSB, Allendale Core, 2MB Cache, Retail

Asus P5B-E Plus i965, S775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 533/667/800, SATA II, SATA RAID, ATX

everythings together, just fine and software all ok- updates done! no real probs except its giving me less performance than my dell !!!

heres the monitoring software, came with mobo. would like to achieve much better performance- before buying had read that a good improvement is possible.

I am a bit of a noob, but understand most jargon- cant decipher what i need to do! please help :rolleyes:

specad8.jpg

Edited by jmdarcy

~~Hey guys and girls,

I am an architecture student - i use Cinema 4D, photoshop (huge files) and other CAD software, (play Counterstrike too).

Recently my Dell gave-up living- so ive bought new parts to get me back ontrack:

1GB (2x512MB) CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400(800), 240 Pins, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 4-4-4-12, EPP

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, Socket 775, 2.13 GHz, 1066MHz FSB, Allendale Core, 2MB Cache, Retail

Asus P5B-E Plus i965, S775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 533/667/800, SATA II, SATA RAID, ATX

everythings together, just fine and software all ok- updates done! no real probs except its giving me less performance than my dell !!!

heres the monitoring software, came with mobo. would like to achieve much better performance- before buying had read that a good improvement is possible.

I am a bit of a noob, but understand most jargon- cant decipher what i need to do! please help :rolleyes:

[im g]http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/7854/specad8.jpg[/img]

I am no expert, but considering your processor is rated at 2.13GHz and your monitoring software says 1.6GHz (1600MHz) I would say that your cpu is underclocked.

Seeing as how you FSB seems to be right (1066MHz) i would say its your multiplier that needs changing, although I am not too hot with intel's. Last i heard the multiplier was locked, but your software says its at 6x which is pretty low.

You can probably change the multi in bios

cheers guys,

my dell was 3.2ghz 1gig of RAM- standard issue!

^^ wouldnt have expected much performance, compared!

Its very slow at processing transforms on photoshop (dramatic slow-compared^) and renders on cinema 4D, CAD programs not so much.

I was watching the monitoring software when loading up photoshop and the speed increased to the demand! so 2Ghz approx.

I have checked in bios it reads max ratio value x8 min ratio value x6, i enabled it manually but says x8- just looked at cpu-z and its saying x6

but does go x8 when i load up 3 programs simultaneous. maybe theres a laag before the processor 'puts more effort in'

how can i get this to x8 permenantly, and OC the system more?

any more ideas?

thanks again

Edited by jmdarcy