Sign in to follow this  
ClayMeow

How much of a braniac are you?

My grandmother sent me an e-mail with these questions and I thought they were pretty interesting. I will supply the answers at a later time, but try not to cheat...you'll only be fooling yourself (and if you're that easy to fool, then you're an idiot anyways :P;)). And don't post answers and ruin it for others. You can say what numbers you think you have right, and which ones are driving you nuts if you want though. heh

This is a quiz for people who know everything! These are not trick questions. They are

straight questions with straight answers.

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned,processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."

Ok, i think i know 1,

i think i know one of number 3,

i know number 4 :P,

5 i know how the pear gets in there, but not where to buy it :(,

i know all three of number 6,

all fourteen of number 7 are easy :P,

8 you can argue but i know what it is,

9 is actually harder than i thought - got 4 easy :lol:

some are really tough.

1. I don't know

2. I don't know

3. I don't know

4. I do Know

5. I don't know, didn't know there was such a thing

6. easy

7. easy

8. not sure

9. got 4 of them

1.maybe

2.yes

3. kinda of stupid seeing how I know more than 3 personally and have looked up over 20

4. duh

5. I have an idea

6. Ive got one and I dont feel like cheating for another

7. yep

8. IDK I might have it

9. yes

1. I don't know

2. No idea, probably simple as hell though...

3. No clue

4. YES

5. I know

6. YEP I can name all 3

7. I can ONLY name 9... :( My mind is boggled to what the other 5 are...

8. ?? No idea

9. I can only think of 5 :(

Edited by Andrewr05

Okay, since this has a lot of views, and a decent number of responses, I will reveal the answers below in spoiler text individually so you can only reveal answers for certain questions if you don't want to give up on others:

Answers To Quiz:

The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends . boxing.

North American landmark constantly moving backward . Niagara Falls (The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)

Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons . asparagus and rhubarb.

The fruit with its seeds on the outside . . strawberrys.

How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle?

It grew inside the bottle.

(The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.)

Three English words beginning with dw . dwarf, dwell and dwindle.

Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar .period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.

The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh . lettuce.

Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with "s" . .

shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.

Personally, I was able to get #'s 4, 5, 7, 8, 9. I also got one for #6, but couldn't think of the other two. And yeah, I thought #4 was the easiest.

I usually hate when my grandma forwards crappy chain/spam mail to me, but this was kinda cool I thought. heh

I got everything right that I said I got...

I couldn't for the life of me think of

skates, ski's, stilts, or stockings

for # 9.

boxing

had me boggled too...

the definition of processed could be debated imo...lol...

and number one you *could* debate a little about "knowing who the leader is"

i just answered the ones i knew (4, 6, 7, 9) and i got them right...

though i'm not sure about 1... why couldn't the answer to 1 be

racing

which was my answer :P