Sign in to follow this  
Aliencam

Whitewall tires?

Hello everyone. I have a Buick LeSabre Custom from 2000 and i'm looking to get the old style turbine tires with a huge whitewall... is there any way i can get these at an at all affordable price??

maybe not even turbine style wheels, but at least tires with a large whitewall...

i'll get the size tomorrow, but its a y2000 buick lesabre custom...

i don't even know how much new wheels&tires cost... so yeah.

i'm also looking at getting a sunroof and a HUD installed...

my tire sizes are

FR P225\60R16

RR P225\60R16

and none of the local dealers (discount tire, walmart) can order them for me (strange, yes) all they have are tires with a thin white stripe.

I actually DID find some on widewhitewalltires.com for $188 ea. they weren't there when i checked like 6 months ago :P thanks.

and none of the local dealers (discount tire, walmart) can order them for me

There's your problem. Go find the mom & pop tire place that will bust their asses to make sure that you're happy. I bet they can actually order them. You think the peons at walmart care enough to bother special ordering something? That would take a little extra effort.

yeah i'll look for one... thanks, i just figured the chains would have more... the discount tire guy looked through his computer for an hour to determine they didn't have any...

do you think itd be less than $188/ tire??? i don't know if that is very expensive or what, since widewhitewalltires.com is kind of a collector's site...

Well I've heard of people paying $200 per tire for their SUVs... so if it's worth it for you, then go ahead and do it. I (well my boyfriend) only payed $45 each for my basic non-whitewall tires ;).