Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Toughnuts

Connecting Computer to TV

If I wanted to watch a video from my computer to the TV which is the best way of doing it. Computers are in the same room as the TV but I was reading up on the the Apple TV but was researching into a few other things since I didn't want to be single minded.

The cheapest way is to run a long s-video or component cable line from the computer to the TV and if you would like to pause something you would have to get up and walk to a different room which could get annoying. Thats why the apple TV interested me since it came with a remote but seemed a little costly for something so simple but yet again its apple. Also would be nice to view vise versa and watch the TV on the computer.

Any ideas?

you can get an RF remote that is compatible with most major media players for quite cheap. I have a logitech one that came free with my KB+Mouse setup. that would be my solution on an S-video setup (which is exactly what i have downstairs in my house)

if the computer is a laptop, why can't you just carry it upstairs and plug it in to the TV?

The ATI remote uses RF frequencies to transmit. I've tried it out in another room with the door closed and it worked just fine.

Of course, you could just run a really long USB cord up with the S-video cable and then plug the remote into that to ensure reception.