News: GeForce 8900GTX and 8950GX2 Pricing & Info

sdy284

Theres a mistake in this.

The second on the list is the GeForce 8900GTX which will replace the current high-end 8800GTX. It will ship at a retail price of $549 USD and sees total pipelines increased to 128 which is an increase of 32 or 25% as suggested by Fudo over at the INQ recently

But hes talking about an increase over the 8800 GTX right? it has 128 lol. only the 8800 GTS has 96.

And whats up with the 8900GTX that isnt even released yet costing less then the current 8800GTX. and the 8800GTX on the list costs like 120 bucks less then it is right now.. were getting ripped off lol <_<

And whats up with the 8900GTX that isnt even released yet costing less then the current 8800GTX. and the 8800GTX on the list costs like 120 bucks less then it is right now.. were getting ripped off lol <_<

I bet as soon as the 8900GTX drops, the 8800GTX's price will drop dramatically.

Thats good news because I want a 8800gts.....and I am waiting for it to drop bit more. Guess I will wait for these 8900's to come out then see what happens to the prices. 96 pipelines would be a 84 pipeline upgrade from my current card.....:( how sad

when can we expect to see these cards on the market ? I olny have 40 days in my evga upgrade program :O

Well the end of the article states "Word around Taiwan is that the cards are basically ready and nVidia is just waiting for AMD to take the covers off their range of upcoming R600 graphics cards."

So you may have to wait until AMD announces their release date.

I'll be interested to see benches between the 8900GTX and the 8950GX2 since the 7950GX2 was clearly the best of the 7 series bunch and they're pricing the 8950 only $50 more than the 8900. Either way, it's nice to see the lower-end 8 series cards coming as well. DX10 for the massives! ;)

dling, you might wanna upgrade to a dual core C2D first before you can use any of the potential in that card :lol:

wow, just wow @ the cards...

what is a "C2D" ? :huh: I want one already .

just googled C2d found out its a intel dule core cpu.

im running an AMD setup. Its my understanding that if your not using dule core app's software it of no great benifit to have a dule core proc.

Edited by dling

what is a "C2D" ? :huh: I want one already .

just googled C2d found out its a intel dule core cpu.

im running an AMD setup. Its my understanding that if your not using dule core app's software it of no great benifit to have a dule core proc.

Not entirely true. For one, if you want to even take advantage of dx10 in your current card, you'll need Vista, and Vista is optimized for multi-threading. In addition, even if an app/game is not coded for multi-threading, multiple cores still give a performance boost as it can run background processes on one core and the app/game on the other core. More and more games are supporting multi-threading now anyways. Regardless, your current gpu is way better than your cpu.

If the R600 doesn't come out before these, it looks like I'll be getting a 8950GX2...

I'm just mad that ATI pushed back the R600...If it was more powerful, and cheaper than the high-end nvidia cards, I would have pounced on it...

Once the DX10 games start rolling out though, I'll probably get a DX10 card (hopefully the 8950GX2 or an R600 card)...

I'm also going to upgrade to C2D in the summer.

If the R600 doesn't come out before these, it looks like I'll be getting a 8950GX2...

I'm just mad that ATI pushed back the R600...If it was more powerful, and cheaper than the high-end nvidia cards, I would have pounced on it...

Once the DX10 games start rolling out though, I'll probably get a DX10 card (hopefully the 8950GX2 or an R600 card)...

I'm also going to upgrade to C2D in the summer.

That's my plan too, unless AMD pops something out better than C2D before then. No point in gettind dx10 now without the games, though they should be coming soon.

Yeah, I completly agree. Isn't K8L supposed to come out soon, anyway? I'm not sure. I can't remember.

There are a couple reasons why I haven't upgraded to DX10 yet, first, there are no DX10 games out, and my x1800 can power my monster of a monitor ok, it's not like I have a 30" behemoth that really could need one of these, and two, I really want to see R600 come out, because maybe it's better, and if it isn't, it will still drive down prices, at least a little.

And I haven't upgraded to C2D for a couple of other reasons, one, I have no need right now, two, I don't want to clean out my bank account getting an E6700 et al., and finally, I *really* want to see K8L, or maybe even wait for 45nm to come out...