AMP F@H Rig

gotdamojo06

I just got my old AMP system working, I was wondering how I would go about setting up 2 instances of F@H on this rig, one on each processor...If it matters I am running Win 2K server edition...

What I have tried so far is installing one copy under C:\F@H\CPU1 and another under C:\F@H\CPU2 and running both at the same time, but they seem to be doing the exact same core...

where do i get VMware?

I went to vmware.com and it wants me to fill out a bunch of questions including my telephone number, is this a place that I csan trust with this information as well as the only place to download for free?

Im just going to install ubuntu and try to learn how to use it...

I don't think the SMP variant will work, as I think those old 1200+ A-XP's do not support 64-bit?
you can run the 32 bit linux.

64bit-1.jpg

:withstupid:

you need a 64bit processor for the SMP client to work. They don't just recommend 64bit linux for the fun of it.

yeah i saw that after i began to install unbuntu...so i got win 2k server back up and i figured it out, but it dont seem to be working that fast...but I do have 2 instances of it working both of them are working on seperate cores

my main rig is a A64 socket 939 single core which is folding just about 24/7 unless i come home from school for the weekend, which i get booted from the internet, dang schools internet and cant automatically reconnect so i cant send the wu that has finished nor can i get a new wu...:(

my main rig is a A64 socket 939 single core which is folding just about 24/7 unless i come home from school for the weekend, which i get booted from the internet, dang schools internet and cant automatically reconnect so i cant send the wu that has finished nor can i get a new wu...:(

Thats stinks. I left my computer on over break for 2 weeks :)

I just got my old AMP system working, I was wondering how I would go about setting up 2 instances of F@H on this rig, one on each processor...If it matters I am running Win 2K server edition...

What I have tried so far is installing one copy under C:\F@H\CPU1 and another under C:\F@H\CPU2 and running both at the same time, but they seem to be doing the exact same core...

There is an excellent tutorial on how to run on multiple core/CPU systems as a sticky on this forum.

You have done everything right, but you need (a) diff server ids (1 & 2), and (b) set the "-local" flag option for each shortcut pointing to exe in the separate directories.

Enjoy!