Ah-Ha!

nan0click

After much soul-searching, sitting and deciding what I believe/don't believe, I think I have figured it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apathetic_agnosticism

That's right, another religion topic. Can't really tell anyone else, my parents get pissed off whenever I say I'm agnostic and no one else knows what the hell that even means... I was a Christian, but I always felt left out from these "religious" experiences people at church had (and I was there twice on Sunday and every Wednesday). I came to the understanding about a year ago that it was all just an emotional experience. Ever listened to a sad song? It makes you sad. Ever listened to an upbeat song? You feel happy, call that song a praise song and its gotta be Jesus. And why aren't people more opened minded? Christians are told to be "fishers of men" and then told how EVIL non-believers are and how to "deal" with a non-believer like they're scum. Then I thought, where is God? I knew it could be a problem just with the church, but have I ever really seen anything God's done before? Nature? Possible to happen on its own, not really miraculous. Creation? Again, maybe we were that one in a trillion chance of happening by chance. What about walking on water or parting the Red Sea? Can't find real documented proof other than in the Bible. But I couldn't get my mind off of creation, it seemed like we were dumped here and left alone which spawned the whole Agnostic choice rather than an Atheistic choice. Than I had an epiphany, why does it matter? If there is a God and he doesn't care, why should we? If there is no God, why should we care? Most of man's basic values are still the same, but the Christian values have changed, dramatically. With a change in my core belief system, I had to then question my thoughts on "moral" issues, for example - homosexuality. I thought that was evil, and the people who were homosexuals were evil. I "knew" they were going to hell. But then I stopped, if the bible really doesn't hold the same weight it used to, what do I REALLY believe. The same applied to other aspects that govern a Christian's daily life. At long last I have found something explaining almost EXACTLY what I believe and I haven't felt this at ease with myself for over a year now, and let me tell you it feels good.

Just wanted to put that out there, depressingly enough, I have to resort to posting online to a bunch of strangers to tell anyone, but I fell much better now.

If you stumbled through that, congratulations :P

Hmm...You must have belonged to a very radical church. My church is very laid back and in fact a few of our members are homosexual. I did belong to a church in the past that was similar to the one you were in but I got out of there real quick. I'm glad you've found a "religion" that makes you happy cause that is what it is all about to me.