Plasma vs LCD - Need help A.S.A.P.

Arkadiy

ok guys i just read through the first 2 pages and realized there is a lot of misinformation and useless issues beig brought up. . i personally get first hand experience in hdtvs because im the guy that actually make it worth getting hdtv in the first place. the veryy first thing you need to know is that if you dont plan on getting a true hd signal its not worth even getting an hdtv actually it will look worse to have a hdtv with a 480p signal than to get a big sdtv with 480p (standard def tv). you need direct tv hdtv recievers or dish or your cable providers hd recievers in order to convert the signals into hidef. some markets can get off air channels but its limited to only locals in hidef.

quick reference. cable output quality from poor to best : (coax) rg59-lowest quality , rg6 newest standard. composite(yellow white and red rca cables) , svideo (for video) along with red and yellow composite cables for sound, component (green, blue and red) "analog hd cables" along with coaxial cable for analog hd sound,vga (like most older monitors), dvi(digital video input) like most lcds)------ optical audio can be used at any stage of video input and is the best way to get sound out of a device into a surround sound system. the final step and best method for tv signals ih the hdmi (hidef multi-media interface)cable because it combiles digital video and audio along the same cable and it is sychronized for best performace.

quick side note .... does an aftermarket cpu cooler work beter than oems cpu cooler? . would you leave an oem powersupply on your sli rig ? these are simple to answer right likewise, the cable quality is dependent on the materials the they are made of . not all rg6 cable is the same , not rca or compoinent or hdmi cables so look at the quality of the cable over they price. there are a lot of over priced manufacturers true butfind the right balance and you wont regret it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally someone in my position that doesn't need like a super TV or something. I don't need a 10,000:1 contrast or 1,000,000:1 contrast or anything insane like that, as long as the picture looks good to me I'm fine. :)

ive hooked up five vizios in the last week and as a professional i can tell you that they are pretty good . they are no sony/sharp/samsungs but they do the job. and their menus arent wierd or confusing to normal ppl like mitsubishis are

on the plasma vs lcd argument

the burnin thing is history because a lot of new plasmas have protective features on them to prevent this. who leaves a playstaion on pause all day long anyway?

personally lcds are better . if you look at a plasma closley you will see a bit of vibration in the pixels and it can be anoying if you are not looking at constantly changing images.

DLP tvs lookj great as long as they are handled carefully since they are light ppl thend to move them around accidentally moving the projector out of alignment. causing light too shine onto the screen making the picture blurry or faded. also they tend to go out a lot sooner than what the retailsers tell you . about every two years if you watch it on a regular basis

well actually i had to do a lot of research on them and well yes since im the one that configures them see all the options i mean i know most modeles and their inputs some are better than others so the i/o setup is one of the biggest issue that goes into buying a tv. i mean you dont base your decision just on how bright it is but on how well it is suited for your equipment and vewing lifestyle.you can have the biggest baddest hd 1080p full hd but unless you connect it right then you will have a subpar picture quality

You're going to be the one I'll ask about when it comes to my HDTV purchase :lol:

No offense but....so? Maybe you're thinking it's real cheap or something?

$900 off? That's an extremely good sale to me...lol

:withstupid:

considering i linked to this earlier in the thread

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GQ42gJUIVZb/c...mp;I=13342PX60U

and its a 42"

so $100 for 8" is a smart choice to me

Edited by sdy284

Out of those two I would go with the LCD. Higher resolution. LCDs also have a longer life, and they aren't subject to burn in like plasmas. That would be awful to sink a grand or more in a new set and have an image burned in on it.