Best time to geta new pc with the Vista/DX 10....etc?

Assassin X

Ok, since we seemed to have hit a new generation in PCs with Vista, DX10, Dual everything. I think its time for me to just get a new pc overall instead of upgrades.

When would be a good time to get a new one?

Some say right now but I think when stuff first come out its expensive and in the case of Vista its buggy. I was thinking end of the year. What do you think?

If you're looking at a core2 rig (as I am), I am aiming for early summer (July-ish). That's when intel's Q3'07 releases will be made, so I'll either get a current core2 for cheap, or a new top-of-the-line one for an already decent price. I haven't been keeping track of vid cards lately, as I'm still trying to take full advantage of this 512mb X1900XT I got my hands on, but I've noticed quite a few DX10 cardsbeing released. Most of them are out of my price range as of now, but they should be affordbale within the next 6 months I would assume. Assuming AMD doesn't make some huge comeback (hah), my next rig will be built between July-August of this year and have a core2 processor.

(if yall see any words without spaces inbetween them, it's because I'm on a laptop with a half-broken spacebar :lol: )

Some say right now but I think when stuff first come out its expensive and in the case of Vista its buggy. I was thinking end of the year. What do you think?

I think you should wait until the end of the year too. Plus, I'd pick up a DX11 card when they come out if I was you.

I would wait till summer or early fall. I'm using Vista right now and its doing okay. I'm gonna upgrade later this year. Waiting for AMD's new line of processors to beat Intel's Core 2, if not my next build will be an Intel one. Also waiting for AMD-ATI's dx10 card, if its any better than any newer dx10 card that Nvidia releases.

Yeah. No sense in buying a DX10 card IMO. A 7950GT holds me over currently; so I'll be good for a while :)

No, there's no point upgrading now, but by summer we should have at least 3-5 dx10-capable games, so your feelings may change at that point....I certainly think your feelings will change before the 2-3 year mark :P

I certainly think your feelings will change before the 2-3 year mark :P

Oh, definitely. I'm still waiting to be blown out of my seat by some of the new hardware coming out soon.

Edited by Makaveli