OCCT Perestroika : 16-core support, graphs, custom sensors...

Tetedeiench

IMHO I would find the mem test and the custom tests more valuable but others will probably disagree with me...lol

good to hear the news about psu companies using your software to test their machines, your software is very valuable and very effective at what it does...:)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, CoreTemp is a really handy tool!

I have to agree with gotdamojo here, the programmable test seems like a good idea. You could still add the GPU support in a later release to make OCCT THE all around tool to test your rig with!

that would be awesome having occt as the only stability test we need :)

Unfortunatly, i don't think that's going to happen...

OCCT is already pretty reliable as it is, but having different algorithm can only be a good thing, and i can't see OCCT gathering them all ;)

As for the GPU, i'm still working on it :)

you say you are adding core temp support would it be possiable to add a temperateure offset, so if software temperature reporting is off you could se that is it say 11*C above or under, and have the software report the corrected temperature. (if you have a temp probe and know how far off it is) as i know on the Conroe CPU base the temperature reporting is WAY off in my case im willing to bet 10-20*C on my Quad.

you say you are adding core temp support would it be possiable to add a temperateure offset, so if software temperature reporting is off you could se that is it say 11*C above or under, and have the software report the corrected temperature. (if you have a temp probe and know how far off it is) as i know on the Conroe CPU base the temperature reporting is WAY off in my case im willing to bet 10-20*C on my Quad.

It could be possible, yep.

I had one request about that from a Croatian guy (i told you OCCT is realy wide spread).

Problem is it is not OCCT's job to do so. OCCT just reports readings and graph them. It does not get values by itself, it's just reading them.

This option should be in the monitoring softwares (Speedfan, Everest, etc), and not OCCT. Moreover, how would you specify such values ? it would be arbitrary, and temps graph would not really mean the very same thing if people could scale it up/down.

As i do think, personally, that there are more cases where the temps reading are accurate rather than inaccurate, and as idon't know of people would calculate this offset other by arbitrary decision, i am choosing to rely on the monitoring readings, directly. It ensures that the graphs is made out of the values read by the monitoring software, and that people won't understimate their temp readings with a "-20

yes but iff you added the ability to add the offset it would be alot better for the user as he would not need to leave the temp probe attached to the CPU he coud guage the rough ammount that the reporting is out, adjust the offset and then use the probe for something else. IMO its just my opinion on something that would be handy as from the vast majority of people over at XS the quads especially as well as the dual core conroes are off by a fairly substantial ammount.

I'll see to that later, but i don't think it'll make it live ;) I'm really not convinced on how useful this would be...

Especially Uber, tell me how you would measure this offset ? How would you know to use 5

Edited by Tetedeiench

• 2 weeks later...
What is, in your opinion, more important :
  • A memtest-like under windows in the memory left free by the OS
  • A GPU test to load both CPU and GPU to stress the power supply much more (no error checking on the GPU)
  • A programmable OCCT where you can build your custom tests (like "myowntest=1h CPU&RAM, 30minCPU, 2h RAM", with graph generation

Thanks for your opinion :)

Personally, as I repair/test PSU's & motherboards having a utility to load up the GPU/CPU @ 100% would be very advantageous especially being in the one application (currently using a blend of 3Dmark/Prime95/superPI/Sandra), whereas memory testing completely removed from any OS influence is preferable & a need which is already met by Memtest86+ IMHO ;)

Additionally, such a dual loading application would assist individuals asking the frequently raised topic... "is my PSU sufficient to power this cpu/gpu/motherboard combo?" :D

BTW I must say, really nice work with OCCT Perestro

Edited by tazwegion