Dusty Computer

Bosco

ah the memories. I am so glad I get to see that crap every day. I had one just a few days ago that I should have taken a picture of. I took off the front panel and crap just fell out onto the floor. :(

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ya i was just about to say compressed air does nothing in this case. At our shop we use some shop vacs to clean out computers unless its very light dust then compressed air. You should see when a computer comes in from a house were the people smokes just imagine all that dust just black..

dust from a smoker's pc is orange.

I have seen one or two as bad as that where I work. One came in for data transfer to a new PC. The computers one and only job was data management in the barn of a cattle farm. That has to be the second worst smelling computer ever to come through the front door.

How about a garter snake in a pc. I've seen images of one that made it through the back vents. Unlike the ones we have now. But the wide slits for the exhaust fans. This was several years ago, so I don't rember all the details. Slept alot since then.

Ya it was awful I still can't get over it...........................

man... i dont believe you... my servers are on all the time...how did...was this compuer in a dirty room...? and it looks like it can be at the most only 4 years old..

man... i dont believe you... my servers are on all the time...how did...was this compuer in a dirty room...? and it looks like it can be at the most only 4 years old..

If you read my post on page 2 I stated that they have a wood stove for heating their home, I see that alot here but this was of the worst I have seen.... Just because yours are not dirty that does not mean anything different environments my friend.

you're right, he put a ton of dirt in that computer just so some nerds on a forum will think he's cool. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

haha you should see some of the HP4000M chassis i get in at where i work. They're just caked with crap. If i find a camera i'll have to get some pics of some bad switches and chassis. Oh yeh and there was a Nortel 470 i got in that had months inside it. mmmmm!