Dusty Computer

Bosco

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dry environment usualy has more dust. If that is the case there. We clean our 3 computers about every two to three months. And yes I have used the air compressor at times. B:) A clean computer is a HAPPY COMPUTER. :thumbs-up:

My OLD HP a510n we had for almost six years. Before the HDD died and still never looked that bad.

you guys live sheltered lives or something.

this is a daily occurance in a busy tech shop if not more often than that.

I kinda wish I took pics of some of those crud balls. we're talking worse than this, roaches, a dead mouse, just nasty stuff.

also spraying it with air is no good. shop vac works much better, otherwise you're cleaning the shop after you clean that mess out :)

ya i was just about to say compressed air does nothing in this case. At our shop we use some shop vacs to clean out computers unless its very light dust then compressed air. You should see when a computer comes in from a house were the people smokes just imagine all that dust just black..

While everything is apart I take the case outside and shoot it with the air. Small compressor with dryer attached with about twenty feet of hose. Hold the gun out about a foot or so and makes quick work of things. Then back inside check things out, and back together again. No problems so far. If so, I can use the shop vac if need be.

Bosco, How do you start to clean something that dirty? A couple of cans of air wouldn't do any good.

Time to break out the air compressor...

Two full tanks of compressor air......

It works again like nothing happened. They have a wood stove which is why its so dirty but this one of the bad ones I have had.

I see my fair share of stuff, I should post this stuff more often lol, I like Mike have seen my share of dead mice in a PC :rolleyes:

you guys live sheltered lives or something.

this is a daily occurance in a busy tech shop if not more often than that.

I kinda wish I took pics of some of those crud balls. we're talking worse than this, roaches, a dead mouse, just nasty stuff.

also spraying it with air is no good. shop vac works much better, otherwise you're cleaning the shop after you clean that mess out :)

Ding ding ding!! Red is right, I work as a Tech at CompUSA. This is nothing compared to some of the stuff we've seen, my personal favorite being the gal who used a wet rag to clean the dust from his video card, mobo, etc.

I'll look what we've got tonight, maybe take some pictures if I get time.