Sign in to follow this  
fire_storm

Cheaper Core 2 motherboard.

Well I'm building a business computer for some one and since core 2 is the best out there right know was wondering whats a good cheap motherboard?

There won't be any overclocking on it so it doesn't have to be the best motherboard out there just one that can get the job done.

Is this a good set up?

ASUS P5B-E LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX

G.SKILL 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

E6400

or not?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :thumbs-up:

Both boards you guys choose above are good overclocking boards, mostly the whole point of them. Just get a cheap $80 or $90 board since there won't be no OCing at all and I am guessing no gaming at all either too.

Here is one and it supports the RAM your getting:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813135022

Both boards you guys choose above are good overclocking boards, mostly the whole point of them. Just get a cheap $80 or $90 board since there won't be no OCing at all and I am guessing no gaming at all either too.

Looks like a nice board but I have never heard of an 8 pin power connector before? does it need a special ps?

Looks like a nice board but I have never heard of an 8 pin power connector before? does it need a special ps?

My Gigabyte DQ6 has a 8 pin plug on it. I took and cut a 4 pin plug off of and old power supply and got one of the plug in wires for the antec PSU and soldered the plug to it and pluged it in so it would have 2-4 pin plugs.

An 8 pin connector is pretty standard on the server side of psus it used to help provide more stable voltages to key componets particularly the cpu, so this is nice feature to have on board but it is an ECS board and I have seen more dead ECS boards than other type I have run across I rank them with PCchips and others like them but that is but my opinion on ECS, on another note though 8 pin connectors are nice to have

Edited by spectrascope

An 8 pin connector is pretty standard on the server side of psus it used to help provide more stable voltages to key componets particularly the cpu, so this is nice feature to have on board but it is an ECS board and I have seen more dead ECS boards than other type I have run across I rank them with PCchips and others like them but that is but my opinion on ECS, on another note though 8 pin connectors are nice to have

Extra Cheap Stuff

ECS = Extra Cheap s***!

Take the Gigabyte DS3

that's cuz they're the same company!

ECS, PC Chips, Matsonic, Amptron, Alton, Elite Group, Soyo, and Abit are the big ones. there are over 50 different brand names that same wretched company uses.