Sign in to follow this  
BlaineBug

ATI Radeon X1950XT PCI-E to work with Viesonic E90B?

Hey, building another card here. I bought a ATI Radeon X1950XT PCI-Express video card. Reading some of the reviews on NewEgg (where I bought it from) I heard someone saying they got a black screen because the video card was not compatable with analog monitors?

I already own a Viewsonic E90B and was very impressed with it, actually, so impressed that I was going to buy a second. I have NOT bought a second yet after reading this about analog monitors being incompatable with the ATI Radeon X1950XT. Can anyone let me know what I'd need? I'd rather not go LCD flat panel as I'm happy with a CRT. Anybody have any idea why this would be incomptatable with the monitor? I realize the connectors are different on the back of the card, but I'd assume some sort of connector/adapter would allow you to plug in a standard monitor. Let me know, thank you!

14-102-067-14.JPG

Edited by Officer_Dufus

I don't see how it should not work with CRT monitors. As long as you have the dvi to CRT converter thingy then you should be fine.

If the card is retail it is supposed to come with a DVI to VGA Adapter.

it comes with two.

Ok yes, I see that, in the specifications of the order it does come with the two VGA converters. I'll procede with the monitor order!

Strange thing is I went back to the card's customer reviews and I can't find the review that stated he couldn't get it to work with his analog monitor. Strange. Oh well, that's not an issue anymore anyway.

Thanks guys! This system is gonna rock, all for less than $1600.

I wouldn't believe anything you read on NewEgg, chances are that the majority of the reviewers have the mental capacity of Homer Simpson...

Edited by Andrewr05

I wouldn't believe anything you read on NewEgg, chances are that the majority of the reviewers have the mental capacity of Homer Simpson...

more so that most people rate themselves as "pc experts" :lol:

True, maybe he was just ramming his VGA plug in without using the supplied adapter? We'll never know!

Oh yes, it's quite funny to see everybody is an expert on there too....haha, maybe it gives them pride and a felling of accomplishment!

Edited by Officer_Dufus

Not to take up another thread......

Asus A8N 32-SLI-Deluxe NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard

Would that motherboard work with an ATI PCI-E x16 card although it supports the Nvidia SLI type deal?

ALSO alot of the CPU coolers I see have a maximum processor listed as AMD 64 FX-55. I'm getting the FX-60. Does this mean it won't work, or what?

Edited by Officer_Dufus

:withstupid: That reminds me of a time I read a review from someone on the newegg website about Kingston Value RAM being a better choice of XMS memory in peformance :rolleyes:

Not to take up another thread......

Asus A8N 32-SLI-Deluxe NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard

Would that motherboard work with an ATI PCI-E x16 card although it supports the Nvidia SLI type deal?

ALSO alot of the CPU coolers I see have a maximum processor listed as AMD 64 FX-55. I'm getting the FX-60. Does this mean it won't work, or what?

Anybody know both answers? About ready to submit my order but I'm holding back :blush:

Anybody know both answers? About ready to submit my order but I'm holding back :blush:

lol, yeah i dont see any reason as to why it wouldnt! PCIe is still PCIe. just dont expect crossfire to go down well, lol

edit: couldnt say about the cooler tho