board for opteron 175

does any one know of a asus board that will work for the opteron 175 without a bios flash i want sli.

the board i have at the minute i had to flash the bios before i got the chip and i dont want to do that again im looking for one in the

Edited by woppy101

why don't you want to flash the BIOS? Its the easiest thing in the world!

i was told the chip would not work till the bios was flashed with this board so i expect it to be same with a new one and i only have this chip so i was hoping for a board which worked with this chip with out the flash

thanks for the quick reply

what board do you have right now? It should work just to fire it up for a BIOS flash. It's not worth paying lots of money for a new board when you have on that works fine already that you only need to flash the BIOS.

asus a8v-e se

not a very good board lol

If your not going to be using the board you want to replace for anything, look at it this way. You buy a new board and you've spent money, plus youve got a useless board laying around. Worst case scenario with a BIOS flash is you screw up the board, buy a new one and still have a useless board sitting around(you cant use it even if you wanted to unlike the other scenario, but IMO it was worth the try) With a working bios flash you wont have to spend any money, or wait for it to get shipped to you.

Edited by SMeeD

Are you planning on overclocking? I ask because while Asus makes good ATI based boards they suck with NF4s. So since your going the NF4/SLI route Id recommend Looking at DFI. Even if your not overclocking you'll be looking at an overall better board (probably around the same price if not cheaper).

Are you planning on overclocking? I ask because while Asus makes good ATI based boards they suck with NF4s. So since your going the NF4/SLI route Id recommend Looking at DFI. Even if your not overclocking you'll be looking at an overall better board (probably around the same price if not cheaper).

got any web sites for dfi boards in the uk

there's a link in my sig... i don't have the urge to be your personal shopper though... google and price search engines and the list in the sig link will tell you if there are still dfi nf4 board being sold...

am I the only one who's thinking clearly right now?????

that opteron is nothing more than an athlon 64 X2 with a different name tag on it.

it WILL work. only thing is your bios will do one of two things. it'll either call it the equivalent athlon 64 X2 or "unknown cpu".

bios update will only let your motherboard ID it correctly.