HD-DVD and Blu-Ray Cracked

Verran

Slyck Article (interview with "Muslix64", the guy who cracked them)

I found this in the comments of a DailyTech article about AACS's response to cracked disc protections. They were both good reads.

Personally, I love to see this sort of DRM get cracked open. A lot of the use will be piracy (sadly), but the points made about "fair use" are very good ones. I always find it amusing how much money they spend to develop this stuff, when everyone knows the community will break it faster than they can ever hope to "patch" it. If they'd just stop trying to fight this losing battle, they could probably significantly reduce the cost of the discs and therefore reduce the temptation to pirate.

Slyck Article (interview with "Muslix64", the guy who cracked them)

I found this in the comments of a DailyTech article about AACS's response to cracked disc protections. They were both good reads.

Personally, I love to see this sort of DRM get cracked open. A lot of the use will be piracy (sadly), but the points made about "fair use" are very good ones. I always find it amusing how much money they spend to develop this stuff, when everyone knows the community will break it faster than they can ever hope to "patch" it. If they'd just stop trying to fight this losing battle, they could probably significantly reduce the cost of the discs and therefore reduce the temptation to pirate.

:withstupid: I agree with you. I could not get music any more that was not encrypted, so I bought a DVD recorder to get movies from direct tv and I could not get those it made me mad so I hooked my ATI all in wonder to the direct tv box and get what ever I want

:withstupid: I agree with you. I could not get music any more that was not encrypted, so I bought a DVD recorder to get movies from direct tv and I could not get those it made me mad so I hooked my ATI all in wonder to the direct tv box and get what ever I want

Direc TV

Nothing beats an ATI AiW card that lacks HDCP :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Direc TV
Another grammar police! :P

And he's wrong!

DIRECTV is the CORRECT version

Back on topic:

You've got to love how companies keep wasting money to develope these "anti-theft" tools when all they manage to do is slow down the process and piss off the PAYING customers who just want to make a backup of thier movie so they don thave to buy it again when their kid can't tell the difference between it and a firsbee.

But the ratio of theifs to people who legally buy these movies and make back-ups is huge. There is no doubt, in my mind, that there are so many theifs out there it would be in the millions. And MOST adults I know who have big DVD collections don't back-up any of their movies. They just sit on a shelf and collect dust. I think probably 70% or more adults haven't ever made a back-up and probably don't even have the tools to do so. Eh, that's all in my opinion though.

"One key to rule them all" will sure make it easier for those who want to legally back-up their movies!