LCD with Integrated Sound

Zarius

I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice regarding LCD's with integrated sound. I've never tried one so I'm not sure what the sound quality is like.

This is a monitor for my wife. She doesn't play games, and she only occasionally listens to music, so I'm wondering if an LCD with built in speakers would be sufficient for watching video clips etc, and playing the occasional CD. (I'm looking at the integrated sound to save a bit of space, and create a few less wires hanging around etc). Are they garbage or are they decent enough at mid volume levels to have decent range and clarity, or should I simply avoid it entirely?

I was looking at this model in particular from TigerDirect Canada.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...=0&NoMapp=0

Regards,

Zar.

That's going to be a really hard question to answer. Everyone has different opinions of what is "tolerable" in sound quality. I knew girls in college that thought their terrible laptop speakers sounded perfect. I knew other people that thought their $300 Klipsch surround sound system was just "so-so". It depends on the person entirely. If she's a picky music person, then they'll probably be kind of crappy to her. If she's not picky, and doesn't need a lot of bass, they'll probably do just fine.

That's going to be a really hard question to answer. Everyone has different opinions of what is "tolerable" in sound quality. I knew girls in college that thought their terrible laptop speakers sounded perfect. I knew other people that thought their $300 Klipsch surround sound system was just "so-so". It depends on the person entirely. If she's a picky music person, then they'll probably be kind of crappy to her. If she's not picky, and doesn't need a lot of bass, they'll probably do just fine.

Thanks thats the input I was looking for. She isn't overly picky, as long as the sound isn't harsh or garbled at mid volume then she won't care. She probably only listens to a CD or MP3 on the PC about 1-2 times a month, so mostly she will want the sound for video clips and sound files people send her. As long as they are clear enough that the music or voice isn't garbled it's probably sufficient. There is a stereo sitting next to her, as well as my PC which has a sound system as well, so she has lots of options if she wants to listen to music with better sound quality.

Thanks for the reply.

Zar.