Workaround for clean Vista Upgrade install without XP

henbenley

That looks neat! I was kinda hoping that Vista would be like the other windows upgrades where you could do a clean install with the upgrade, you just needed to insert a previous Windows CD to verify you were upgrading. I liked it like that :(. This and other Vista items will make computer repair and help desk support just a little harder for people.

That does just seem like a pain my the butt...they should have just kept it the same old way as before, but then again they are trying to just make money and weed out all of the pirated versions of XP and keep vista from getting as bad as XP was...

not legal :( does not abide by the upgrade versions EULA. which states the XP + Vista upgrade license = your LEGAL vista license.

thats what i thought, but i'm kinda surprised that they didnt find this loophole while testing.

im just inquiring, not persecuting(sp?) anyone, but is this against the rules or not? (just for general referense)

But it is also like news too though. Kinda like how the media says "this building can be a terrorist target too because such and such".

But it is also like news too though. Kinda like how the media says "this building can be a terrorist target too because such and such".

yeah i would say that this is more news related than anything else. but if mods feel thats its against the rules then go ahead and lock it.