Vista is it GOOD or BAD?

snakieee

If you don't like the boot screen you can change it with this program or compelety turn off the boot screen.

hxxp://www.tweakvista.com/Article39064.aspx Vista Boot Logo Generator (only works for 32-bit for now)

hxxp://www.tweakvista.com/article38970.aspx Hides Vista Boot Screen

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like the boot screen you can change it with this program or compelety turn off the boot screen.

hxxp://www.tweakvista.com/Article39064.aspx Vista Boot Logo Generator (only works for 32-bit for now)

hxxp://www.tweakvista.com/article38970.aspx Hides Vista Boot Screen

No I don't think it's ugly, it's just I am wondering why in the heck would it not say Windows Vista on the boot screen like almost every other operating system before it.

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

Well I would have to say so far so good. Like everyone says its new and its got its bugs, but every program that I have downloaded so far has worked with no problems! Give it about a month for some better driver support and about 6 months to a year to get things ironed out and it'll be like Xp!

Im using Vista Ultimate on my laptop right now and so far it seems to be running pretty solid. Havent tried any games yet because it took me forever to find graphics drivers for this stupid mobile graphics card. I dont know why but Nvidia doesnt have any on their website for the "go" cards, I had to go to dell's website and download some drivers that are like 2 months old <_< Oh well, it runs better than the ones vista installed.

But anyways, Id say go with Vista.

At the moment, Vista is not for me. Why? Because like someone stated above, it chews up 1/2 GB on start up.

But then again, I remember having my 1st computer back in 2000 running Windows ME with 128mb of RAM. It ran FAST! Windows XP came out within a year, I installed it on my machine and it ran great.... until I ran some apps.

Until this very day, I stand by saying that WinXP needs at least 512MB to be very optimal. 512MB of RAM.. That's 4 times as much as 128MB of RAM, I bet in 2 years, people are going to be having 4GB of RAM in their machines.

My main point is, Vista doesn't add much for my configuration, more eye candy, less performance (RAM hog).

**I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND UPGRADING TO VISTA**

When upgrading to Vista from XP, Vista invalidates your XP product key

This isn't really anything new either, if you upgraded from 98 or ME those were invalidated too..

Just be darn sure that if you buy VISTA upgrade that you WANT VISTA, because you can't change your mind..

read the "upgrade" EULA. it's not valid without a valid XP license. in the EULA it states that the XP license is now part of the Vista license... thus making it invalid. if you buy a full retail and upgrade it does NOT impact the XP license.

as far as buying vista... not yet... do not do it YET. we've had 2 tech shops swamped with the problems it's caused already. I'm even debating going in to one of the stores and getting my hands dirty just to relieve some of the pile up.

also do NOT do it if you're using any 3d modeling apps. for some odd reason it doesn't seem to work real well in that department :(

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking forward to Vista being the mainstream OS. It'll take a couple of years for this to happen, but I think the OS is solid (certainly a HELL of a lot more solid than XP was at first launch.... if we can all remember back to those days). It has a lot to offer most people, and once the bugs get worked out, and I am surprised at how few we have discovered thus far considering it's already gone public in retail stores, it will be a great OS. We said the same thing going from 98/2000 to XP, and we are saying it again going from XP to Vista. XP was the anti-christ six years ago, and now we refuse to let it go...

"All we are saaaaying... is give Vista a chance."

The only reason vista is solid is because its xp with aero glass......

Yeah when I had the BETA testing of it on my computer, that's exactly what I thought. It was a ton of eye candy and the lack of program support was the factor at the time that made me get rid of Vista.

The only reason vista is solid is because its xp with aero glass......

very sadly mistaken then.

vista is nearly double the amount of code as XP. there's way more to it than a face lift.

Microsoft made Vista look more or less like XP so it would be easier for people navigate, but the skeleton of the OS is drastically different than XP. This GUI that we are used to (the one used in 95, 98, 2000, and XP) has remained relatively unchanged since the end of 3.1. They've simply migrated it over to Vista to carry on the tradition.