Sign in to follow this  
Queenz

The End of LGA 775!

Just wondering when is Intel planning to make a new socket and cancel the making of LGA775 motherboards and processors. From the looks of the news, and rumors going around it looks as though LGA775 is going to last this year without a doubt due to the release of the Bearlake chipsets, the budget C2D's coming, and not to mention Penryn cores too. But anyways does anyone know?

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

I think 775 is still going to last well into next year, with the C2Ds still being top of the line right now.

i hope they dont can the lga775 within a few months becuase i am thinking of upgrading yet again to it from my 939 a64 3200+

I love how the title of the post is an emphatic statement, but the actual post is a question.

I also love dropping the names of future cores in there... buzz word bombs.

with all that said queenz.... you have enough trouble figuring out the here and now.... worry about that stuff when the time comes.

I love how the title of the post is an emphatic statement, but the actual post is a question.

I thought the same thing. I thought I was going to come in here and see news of a new intel socket. It's a very odd way to title this thread.

I thought the same thing. I thought I was going to come in here and see news of a new intel socket. It's a very odd way to title this thread.

okay what do you think I should name it then mr. big and verran? How about "When is it going to be the end of LGA 775"

possibly "anything new from Intel soon?" God, i can think of 50 different titles, but this just sounds like what red and verran said

possibly "anything new from Intel soon?" God, i can think of 50 different titles, but this just sounds like what red and verran said

Get ready for Penryn in '08.

No matter how you slice the cake, it comes out the same to the OP, Big Red pointed out the fatal flaw.

a simple question mark instead of an exclamation point would have made sense.

and actually intel is holding 775 up for a while longer. core2 has solved a fatal flaw netburst had with lga sockets of melting the brushes to contact pads. now the next gen chips will physically fit, but it will be like c2d in the regards of it not being electronically compatible with older motherboards.

btw mr. buzz word... give us any 2 of the following for the next intel chip...

die size (this one should be easy), fsb, transistor count, thermal disipation (watts), cache size, manufacturing process, or entire set of feature instructions (SSE 3, MMX, X86-64 ect).

a simple question mark instead of an exclamation point would have made sense.

and actually intel is holding 775 up for a while longer. core2 has solved a fatal flaw netburst had with lga sockets of melting the brushes to contact pads. now the next gen chips will physically fit, but it will be like c2d in the regards of it not being electronically compatible with older motherboards.

btw mr. buzz word... give us any 2 of the following for the next intel chip...

die size (this one should be easy), fsb, transistor count, thermal disipation (watts), cache size, manufacturing process, or entire set of feature instructions (SSE 3, MMX, X86-64 ect).

:)

not you! I know you can figure things out and find info. this is up for queenz who likes to use buzz words :)