Network Web Page

romeo55

Have you ever seen a internet web page off of the network using the computer's IP? For instance, a router, which you can access within the network using the IP of it like 192.168.1.1 right?

How would you register a particular webpage with the computer in question? Obviously, I won't need something as sophisticated and I can build/design the webpage. But I have no clue as to how to make it work... :(

Thanks! :)

If you're running this on the local network using Windows XP, a quick alternative to installing Apache is to use IIS, which is built into XP, but is usually not part of a normal install. You'all have to add it using Add/Remove programs.

Here's a decent little guide on how to get started - How to Setup Internet Information Services (IIS) on Windows XP

If you're running this on the local network using Windows XP, a quick alternative to installing Apache is to use IIS, which is built into XP, but is usually not part of a normal install. You'all have to add it using Add/Remove programs.

Here's a decent little guide on how to get started - How to Setup Internet Information Services (IIS) on Windows XP

Apache it is, thanks :)

And I hate to say this... but they computers are PIIs and Athlon Is using linux, win 98, win 95, 2000. And the server which is using win XP with a whopping 512mbs of Ram (PIII) :lol: So I guess IIS is out of the question :(

Yea a simple setup with Apache or IIS would be a piece of cake for what you are wanting. If you need any help getting it setup with Apache just give us a shout. ;)