XP-90c with silverstone RL-FM91

gotdamojo06

I just ordered the Thermalright XP-90C cooler

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835109122

and the Silverstone RL-FM92 92mm case fan

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835220003

The Thermalright XP-90C is made out of all copper and the fan has max of 3800 RPMs and 80.92 CFM...

2 questions,

1) Which way should the fan be placed, blowing on or blowing off the HS?

2) What do you think the temp difference should be? currently I am getting 61C full load (using OCCT or ORTHOS)

Ive got an XP-90 alu and Ive got my panaflow blowing on to the HS. Blowing on to is usually the accepted method. I dunno what kind of voltage your putting into your clawhammer but my venice @ 2.4 (stock volts) was running at a steady 48C load tops with the horrible CM fans I had in the case.

Edited by SMeeD

I personally got ~40c load with the 3500+ @ 2.47ghz 1.45v on the XP-90c. The fan I used was similar to the one you've ordered, a 92x38mm 80cfm Delta. You'll want the fan to blow down on the heatsink, so it cools the ram, as well. High pressure, high rpm fans rock on this heatsink. :D

well anything will do better than the stock HSF

I am so anxious for them to come, according to the tracker, they should be here by the 2nd, if i remember right...so by sat. i will hopefully be posting temps...

<-----EDIT----->

They are in Wyoming, Michigan and I am in Big Rapids, Michigan...according to UPS they should be at the front desk of my dorm tommorrow (Feb. 1st)

Im so excited!

They just arrived today! I cant wait to get this bad . put together :)

I will post pictures and temp differences after installation, as well editing the pictures in the case gallery!

This process will started tommorrow morning around 10am, I have 2 hours to do it right now then I have to go to class till 7pm, then scrubs is on comedy central till 8pm

then i have to study for a quiz on friday for my 8am class, then after that i will be free to do what ever...aka install my cooler!

I hooked the fan up to see how loud it is and how much the CFM felt like,80.92CFM is fast and 48.6dBA @ 3800rpm is loud...but im still excited!

Also i believe that New Egg messed my order up, they seemed to have sent me a brand new XP-90C instead of the OEM! YAY! I <3 Newegg.com!

I was looking at how you hook the fan to the hs and the way the fan was made, it is unable to fit on there correctly, 3 of the 4 corners clamp down, so i hope that it will end up staying on there good...it seems like it will but i will find out for sure tommorrow morning...

the next thing that I am going to do to help cool it down even further is get 2 250mm fans, one for the side intake and another one for an exhaust for the top of the case...both of which will be helping the hs...

I couldnt wait any more! I had to put this thing on, I was way to anxious! It only took me about 20-25min to do (including 1 cig break)

The XP-90C was very easy to install...it fit in my case very well...I will be putting the temps up tommorrow when I have the time to run the Orthos and have enough time to get some good idle temps...

Pictures of it put all together are in my Case Mod Gallery, stop by and leave me a comment and a rating?!

I will say that with stock HSF and my cpu oc to 2421MHz it was 60c/48c (Load with Ortho 24/Idle no processes)

<-----EDIT----->

I pushed it a little bit more to 2442MHz and got 38c/53c (idle/load)

2505 MHz gave me 43c/57c