Who owns what?

swifty11212

I'm a bit confused, Didn't AT&T buy Cingular, or was it the other way around? The new Cingular commercial said it's the new AT&T? Meh I dunno I haven't been keeping track of stuff lately...

It's acually a name change all together. Back when cingular and AT&T merged it was AT&T who bought cingular not the other way around like alot of people think. I dont even think u can buy a AT&T cell phone anymore. But instead of coming back out with AT&T wireless i guess there just gona turn cingular into the new AT&T... And im pritty sure the'v had permission to change the name they just didnt.

AT&T phone owners were rolled over to cingular contracts at the point of buy out. cingular stayed the wireless arm of AT&T, much like SBC was thier broadband division for a while.

now the name shall be AT&T all the way around. 1 bill for local, long distance, broadband, and mobile phones. that's all this is about.

AT&T phone owners were rolled over to cingular contracts at the point of buy out. cingular stayed the wireless arm of AT&T, much like SBC was thier broadband division for a while.

now the name shall be AT&T all the way around. 1 bill for local, long distance, broadband, and mobile phones. that's all this is about.

Thats why I switched to T-mobile shortly after cingular threatened to cancel my service for refusing to upgrade my phone to some new one...

AT&T merged with BellSouth. Prior to the merger, SBC, now known as ATT after it bought ATT, owned 60% of Cingular and BellSouth owned 40%. Now AT&T owns it all.

Thats why I switched to T-mobile shortly after cingular threatened to cancel my service for refusing to upgrade my phone to some new one...

they all did that to phase out the analog cell phones and non GSM. there was no other option.

the nextel iden customers are the ones who are going to get screwed the worst in the very near future. due an fcc regulation they're being forced off iden... with NO option but to replace expensive phones.

and the only true difference cingular customers will see is the new logo on thier bills. and a single bill for all AT&T services.

I thought Cingular bought AT&T's mobile division creating "Blue" customers, and then SBC and Cingular merged, hence the DSL and a Cellphone through SBC Global... Then AT&T bought SBC (which included Cingular) and they're just getting around to changing names back to AT&T...

Edited by nan0click