Linux VMware and virtulization tecnology

road-runner

I was installing VMware on my pentium D 920 and it said VT or 64 bit was not enabled so I went in the bios and enabled V.T. and the error never came on again. Today I was going to install VMware and Ubuntu on my pentium D 915 which I know does not have V.T. I get an error that the host system is not 64 bit. I know its a EM64T or what ever CPU. Does the cpu have to have V.T. for this to work with VMware?

I was installing VMware on my pentium D 920 and it said VT or 64 bit was not enabled so I went in the bios and enabled V.T. and the error never came on again. Today I was going to install VMware and Ubuntu on my pentium D 915 which I know does not have V.T. I get an error that the host system is not 64 bit. I know its a EM64T or what ever CPU. Does the cpu have to have V.T. for this to work with VMware?

I had to crawl around the WMWare site to find out why I got the same error on my Opteron 248:

# AMD Opteron, AMD Athlon 64, AMD Turion 64, AMD Sempron, Intel EM64T; support for 64-bit guest operating systems is available only on the following specific versions of these processors:

# AMD Athlon 64, revision D or later

# AMD Opteron, revision E or later

# AMD Turion 64, revision E or later

# AMD Sempron, 64-bit-capable revision D or later (experimental support)

# Intel EM64T VT-capable processors (experimental support)

VMWare Host System Requirements

So the answer to your question is Yes, V.T. is required for this to support a 64-bit guest OS on the Intel EM64T.

I had to crawl around the WMWare site to find out why I got the same error on my Opteron 248:

VMWare Host System Requirements

So the answer to your question is Yes, V.T. is required for this to support a 64-bit guest OS on the Intel EM64T.

Yea I found the same thing a little bit ago so I installed it without the VMware now I have to find drivers for wireless card etc. and figure out how to install them thank god for google5xj.gif