Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 what is the amd eqilevnt and which one should i

I am current the the process of deciding what processor i should have in my new computer. I am currently thinking about the Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 but, am considering an amd 64bit processor. Can somebody tell me the amd equivalent and how much it costs at ebuyer.

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

AMD really just can't compete on the high end these days. If you're looking for a cheap dual-core chip (like below the cheapest C2D), then AMD might be the way to go. Otherwise, the Intel C2D is going to dominate in any price range that it can offer a chip.

I agree that you should go Intel and not look back.

and the fact that the cheapest C2D can clock to the same speeds or higher than the most expensive C2D

EDIT: witch SLAPS all AMD's

Edited by firky

and the fact that the cheapest C2D can clock to the same speeds or higher than the most expensive C2D

EDIT: witch SLAPS all AMD's

:withstupid: I see that now, look at kings it will run as fast as 6600. I could not believe the difference in the C2D and the Pentium D dual cores, it does in 4 minutes what a D takes in 30 minutes in Folding.

$100+ = Intel C2D

<$100= AMD A64/Sempron

Amd still has the budget end of things

I have decided to get an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ so i can get a better graphics card and motherboard and still have some spare money

I have decided to get an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ so i can get a better graphics card and motherboard and still have some spare money

Well before you do that consider that a 3800+ might slow down and prevent a new graphics card from working at its fullest. But of course that depends on what kind of card your getting older ones would probably work fine but newer cards like the 8800 series and the R600 (when it comes out) might not work as well as they should.

No no no your doing this wrong, didn't we just tell you not to get an AMD. I understand your trying to get a better graphics card and motherboard, but trust me you will regret not choosing to get a C2D. And what is the point in having a good motherboard for that setup when you can have a good motherboard with a C2D setup that will give you some extreme OC's. Don't waste your money like that because C2D is the way to go. But if you do decide to do that then it is your lost.

No no no your doing this wrong, didn't we just tell you not to get an AMD. I understand your trying to get a better graphics card and motherboard, but trust me you will regret not choosing to get a C2D. And what is the point in having a good motherboard for that setup when you can have a good motherboard with a C2D setup that will give you some extreme OC's. Don't waste your money like that because C2D is the way to go. But if you do decide to do that then it is your lost.

I have to agree with that. My friends C2D with a 7900gs will out perform my 4000+ with a x1950xt with no problem.

I have to agree with that. My friends C2D with a 7900gs will out perform my 4000+ with a x1950xt with no problem.

Both of you sit down and listen, while Core 2 is fast, it is great and it is an excelent way to go, the extra $30 or so in CPU cost (I'm assuming 3800+ X2), extra $100-200 ram cost for the DDR2 move, and additional motherboard cost makes it a very BAD idea for most in such a situation forcing him into the crap land of 7300/x1300 cards willmake any system suck for gaming :-\ Core 2 or not.

HOWEVER looking at his profile and seeing that he has NOTHING from a previous socket to really bring to the build, Core 2 really IS the way to go for performance. At least there WILL be a little more future in the 775 socket and assuming the software changes take place quad core will be an option to further your fun later on. 939...What you see is what you get, yesterday's hardware with no real future for performance. AM2...see 939, give it DDR2. When you have to buy all the parts anyway the extra money on the CPU and motherboard WILL be worth it in the long run. maybe just buy an older used x800xl (aka the one listed 4 sale in my sig) or something else "lower" on the scale that's capable to hold you until a littlee more cash comes in and then get a high end card.

Upping the video card later because it under performs is one hell of alot easier than swapping platforms.